The Compact is a very capable pistol, but it's true it has its limitations in adjustability that the more modern (& expensive) match pistols have. That can be a bit of a disadvantage but it can also be an advantage too. The desire to tweek & adjust insessently in the pursuit of perfection can be a distraction in itself & can cause a dip in your average score thus unsettling you to the degree you might try further adjustments to get back to where you were. Whereas with a more basic bit of kit you struggle through concentrating on technique which usually pays dividends in the end. You have to persist with subtle changes to see the true effect.

I reprofiled the grips on my compact & also made up a new trigger blade as I wasn't keen on the profile or position of the original which improved the general feel & handling characteristic. Scores crept up a bit, but then with time & practice they might have done so anyway, but a comfortable well suited grip is pretty essential so the grip reprofiling was a must, the trigger, well that was more personal preference.

SSP are different to PCP or CO2, (muscle v gas), theres quite a few match pistols available, current & secondhand to choose from, maybe not much to choose in the way of performance differences between them so maybe it's down to what feels right, money, aesthetics, spares/ service support/ availability.
Personally quite liked Steyr lp10 but the compact helps with muscle tone too. Pistol shooting isnt all about the kit.