Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What was your FIRST Airgun?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Not exactly sure what rifle I cut my teeth on as it was my Grandads and I think it was a small junior Diana of some sort, but my very own that I bought myself was on old Airsporter mk5 or 6.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Diana G2 pop-out pistol followed closely by a Relum Tornado. Don’t have them any longer but I’ve replaced them in recent years for nostalgic reasons.

Was given an old airsporter in 74 only 9 at the time could hardly hold it to my shoulder so my dad went and bought me a brand new ASI Sniper put thousands of marksman pellets through it I remember buying an Airgun aid tuning kit for it from Eddie Barber advertised in Airgun World.

The first air rifle I had the opportunity to use in summer holidays was a Spanish Norica model 61-C in 0.177" caliber back in early 80's - it belonged to a first cousin and he let me use it. It was love at first sight to be honest and I still hove great memories of it. This put me into the game for good.

The first rifle I managed to buy with my savings was an Industry Brand model 62 (Shanghai China) in 0.177" cal. back in 1982 - identical to the B2 air rifle from SMK. No scope rail - therefore all its use was with the military style iron sights. It had sling swivels on the right side of the stock and one day I added a canvas sling. The "diet" was mostly Gamo Match pellets, Milbro Caledonians (in paper boxes) and Bulldogs (the old ones in metal boxes from Lanes I think). A good tool for a beginer and for experimentation. It was donated to a friend some years ago to be used for spare parts.

Diana G76 Christmas 1980 if i recall. Still got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    That would have been very cool back then. From Sussex Armoury?
    Thank Geezer, I’m not sure to be honest, but I do remember that at the same time my father had a Sharp Innova.

Gat gun and a BSA Cadet Major.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Slavia 630 ( at least I think it was a 630). Shot it for about 3 years and many, many thousands of pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear-O-Grayling View Post
    Hello everybody. My absolute first airgun was a Daisy model 25 pump bb rifle with a Walnut stock. Approximately 1964. Then in 1968 the world changed for me. (And small moving objects) I got a old and worn Crosman 101. (borrowed pic) Within a mile radius of my house it looked like a Nuclear Test Field. I wish I still had them both. Sweet memories!
    [IMG]IMG_6244.jpg[/IMG]
    Mine was a Pump action Japanese made thing a Sharp Innova