Thread: BSA Hornet/Scorpion Trigger guard

BSA Hornet/Scorpion Trigger guard

Evening folks,

I’ve been trying to get a replacement std trigger guard for a BSA Hornet for the last 6 months and nowhere has them in stock, which seems really odd. I haven’t tried BSA themselves which might be an option, if they’ll sell spares direct.

Does anyone know why there should be such a shortage of these particular parts ? Trigger guards for other makes seem to be available but not these BSA ones.
    Most odd.

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit-Norm View Post
    Evening folks,

I’ve been trying to get a replacement std trigger guard for a BSA Hornet for the last 6 months and nowhere has them in stock, which seems really odd. I haven’t tried BSA themselves which might be an option, if they’ll sell spares direct.

Does anyone know why there should be such a shortage of these particular parts ? Trigger guards for other makes seem to be available but not these BSA ones.
    Most odd.

Norm
    Wouldn’t the mmc ultra trigger guard fit ?.
    Sorry if you have already tried that option.
    Regards
    Les..

Just had a look on the Protek web site,they have a Lightning xl trigger guard that according to knibb spares should fit the Hornet rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Wouldn’t the mmc ultra trigger guard fit ?.
    Sorry if you have already tried that option.
    Regards
    Les..
    Just had a look on the Protek web site,they have a Lightning xl trigger guard that according to knibb spares should fit the Hornet rifle.
    Hi Les,
    Yes the MMC ultra trigger should fit but they seem to be out of stock as well.

I just checked out protek and there’s a big SOLD across the lightning trigger guard so it looks like they haven’t got anymore

I think that’s who I got the new stock from and they didn’t have any trigger guards at the time

Norm

Hi Les,
    Yes the MMC ultra trigger should fit but they seem to be out of stock as well.

I just checked out protek and there’s a big SOLD across the lightning trigger guard so it looks like they haven’t got anymore

I think that’s who I got the new stock from and they didn’t have any trigger guards at the time

Norm
    Hi Norm
    Just noticed the SOLD across the photo (need to go to spec savers).
    The Hw trigger guard looks similar in appearance to the Hornet one.
    I can try a Hw trigger guard on my Hornet carbine tomorrow if you want.
    Unless you have a hw one to try your self.
    Les..
    P S
    It may be a long shot.
    Would mr John Bowket have one going spare??.
    I don’t have his contact details unfortunately.
    Last edited by les allam; 12-01-2022 at 11:36 PM.

Hi Norm
    Just noticed the SOLD across the photo (need to go to spec savers).
    The Hw trigger guard looks similar in appearance to the Hornet one.
    I can try a Hw trigger guard on my Hornet carbine tomorrow if you want.
    Unless you have a hw one to try your self.
    Les..
    That’s a thought, I’ve got a HW one on a stock I modified for an old BAM DB4, I’ll take that off tomorrow and see if it fits. If it does that should sort the problem.

Still seems odd that they’re out of them everywhere, I think the Hornet trigger guard is the same on quite a few BSA airguns, including some more recent ones, so you’d have thought they’d be easily available.

I’ll let you know what I find

Cheers,
    Norm

Just thought I’d report that the Weihrauch trigger guard is indeed a perfect fit on the BSA Hornet / Scorpion stock

I’ve ordered one from chambers along with some relevant BSA mounting screws.

This may be useful info for anyone else needing a trigger guard for a Hornet, Scorpion or Ultra and about half the price too

Norm

I have this information from the person who made the first 6 pre production Hornet stocks used for testing, drop tests etc etc. Initially the stocks were made in Turkey to avoid the Italian "delay". Several batches of 400 being Turkish. For some reason best known to themselves the second batch were made with the action set back about 12mm resulting in little room being left for the fingers. Again to avoid delays and through a group contact, the company making the Weirauch guards supplied an identical unit.
    When the Italian stocks went into production, the guard was altered with a logo etc and supplied as a unit with the stock. The guards being fitted in Italy which probably explains the lack of spares??

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    I have this information from the person who made the first 6 pre production Hornet stocks used for testing, drop tests etc etc. Initially the stocks were made in Turkey to avoid the Italian "delay". Several batches of 400 being Turkish. For some reason best known to themselves the second batch were made with the action set back about 12mm resulting in little room being left for the fingers. Again to avoid delays and through a group contact, the company making the Weirauch guards supplied an identical unit.
    When the Italian stocks went into production, the guard was altered with a logo etc and supplied as a unit with the stock. The guards being fitted in Italy which probably explains the lack of spares??
    That’s really interesting, I didn’t know that, but it now explains the near perfect fit

Cheers,
    Norm

Just thought I’d report that the Weihrauch trigger guard is indeed a perfect fit on the BSA Hornet / Scorpion stock

I’ve ordered one from chambers along with some relevant BSA mounting screws.

This may be useful info for anyone else needing a trigger guard for a Hornet, Scorpion or Ultra and about half the price too

Norm
    Well done on getting a replacement trigger guard.
    I thought they looked similar.
    Atb
    Les..

Well done on getting a replacement trigger guard.
    I thought they looked similar.
    Atb
    Les..
    It’s funny, I’d looked at it before thinking that’ll probably be different but without trying it.

Norm