Sometimest the 'trigger' doesn't catch.

Not a big problem because it's natural and necessary to hold the cocking barrel hard when cocking the spring. Sometimes I feel a slight attempt by the mechanism to catch the 'action' but it fails to do so. At which time all that's necessary is to close the gun, with the spring therefore un-cocked, and pull the trigger - which will have no effect - then pull the 'hammer' to open the action, then close it without cocking, then the trigger mechanism works properly. It's all or nothing thank goodness. Obviously a problem, or no problem at all. Never an 'unexpected discharge'.

BTW I measured the trigger force: it's the same when fully cocked to fire or when only the trigger mechanism cocked. Which allows the dry-fire capability of the gun. A brilliant piece of its design.

I can recognise now when the problem is going to arise. It's when the mechanism feels less active when the 'hammer' is pulled to open it. Just close it and re-open without bothering to cock the spring, load and cock the spring, and then all's well with the trigger mechanism.

By far the most times it does catch properly, but does anyody know of a 'standard' fault with this very recently produced gun which causes this effect?