Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your FAVOURITE Airgun

Diana 52 and pcp Rapid MK2

Dave.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    MK1 Airsporter just beats my RBS Stutzen both in.22.

Chippendale. (with clothes on)

If it had to be one HW80 (desert island rifle)

Though it's tough not to list springer / pcp - HW95 20 cal (if only Diana did a carbine 31/34 T0-6 20 cal) and pcp Humble older single shot no gauge MMC BSA Ultra 177
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

For me, any of my BSA Superstars including the carbine. But, on alpha male looks of air rifles, it is my Mercury S models. Despite my Mastersport FWB 127, TX200HC, the HW's, the Originals, Webley Omega, other BSA's such as 635 Magnum, Challengers, Airsporters, etc. yes, it is the Superstars I turn to with the Mercury S a very close number one.

If i could only ever keep one rifle it would be my Titan Manituo in .177 and why ,well if you can not put pellet on pellet at 25 yards you must be blind she shoot like perfection and thw wife once stated i show that rifle more love than her , i did laugh as i was rebuilding her at the time the rifle that is and i said well hon she does not answer back yup my ear stung for a minute lol

I don't have that many guns, 11 I think, but they all fulfil a different role.
    My answer would probably change repeatedly, but if I was only allowed to keep one, right this moment, I think I'd keep the Original 75.
    Old German target rifles and even older BSA's

There seems a bit of Thread slip to "if you could only have one". Its favourite among many for a good few of us. Doesn't mean its the best or the one to take to a desert island unless the island has a cocktail bar.

Good looks help, and one that is just fun to shoot. Doesn't have to be a competition winner or best hunting combo. Just the one you love a little bit more than all the others. Nat shoot or can't hit a barn door with it, but you love it.

I put the FWB Sport because they shoot so well standing unsupported. They are "good lookers" too. Accurate with it once you find how to get the best out of them. They sound good too, like an air rifle should with something happening.

Now I can quite understand why SRV1 loves the BSA Mercury S, now there is a rifle fast in the hand rife, fast to reload, with fantastic open sights. Superstars are very good rifles too.
    Barryg's Diana Magnum is sure an elegant looking rifle. Annoyingly I rather fancy one now if I could have it in walnut.
    Rockdrill sees the beauty in HFT/FT styled rifles and that TX looks fab. Too big a girl for me!
    HW80s get a big vote, but they do come in soo many configurations. Too me just over weight for a 12ft/lbs rifle. Annoyingly the HW95 doesn't improve as the lack of weight makes it fidgety. Someone must love a HW77, though to me all the sidelevers and underlevers take too long to load and so get in the way of shooting.

The AA ProSport has the looks but its heavy and its underlever is not perfection.

Then there are a host of great vintage rifles that are either fugly or look so dated. My Park 91 was on my short list. I do love gasram Theobens.
    PCP? Thought there would be more as favourites. Or the boys just being a bit slow to show their hands?

Fun this.

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/978075382...0753821060/plp

I was given this one Christmas - I think it was bought just for the title (as a hint / dig) but it is quite worth reading !
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Think its time for the Gun Song:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

For me at the moment its my 177 diana 34k in the standard wood stock. I have more exotic stuff but this is the gun I keep picking up at the moment. Just fitted a diamondback 4-12x40, which suits the un-fussy no frills appearance of the rifle.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Rapid MFR .20.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    There seems a bit of Thread slip to "if you could only have one". Its favourite among many for a good few of us. Doesn't mean its the best or the one to take to a desert island unless the island has a cocktail bar.

Good looks help, and one that is just fun to shoot. Doesn't have to be a competition winner or best hunting combo. Just the one you love a little bit more than all the others. Nat shoot or can't hit a barn door with it, but you love it.

I put the FWB Sport because they shoot so well standing unsupported. They are "good lookers" too. Accurate with it once you find how to get the best out of them. They sound good too, like an air rifle should with something happening.

Now I can quite understand why SRV1 loves the BSA Mercury S, now there is a rifle fast in the hand rife, fast to reload, with fantastic open sights. Superstars are very good rifles too.
    Barryg's Diana Magnum is sure an elegant looking rifle. Annoyingly I rather fancy one now if I could have it in walnut.
    Rockdrill sees the beauty in HFT/FT styled rifles and that TX looks fab. Too big a girl for me!
    HW80s get a big vote, but they do come in soo many configurations. Too me just over weight for a 12ft/lbs rifle. Annoyingly the HW95 doesn't improve as the lack of weight makes it fidgety. Someone must love a HW77, though to me all the sidelevers and underlevers take too long to load and so get in the way of shooting.

The AA ProSport has the looks but its heavy and its underlever is not perfection.

Then there are a host of great vintage rifles that are either fugly or look so dated. My Park 91 was on my short list. I do love gasram Theobens.
    PCP? Thought there would be more as favourites. Or the boys just being a bit slow to show their hands?

Fun this.
    I totally agree with your thinking, I have so many to choose from but at the moment it's my Supersport custom with the .25 Lightning barrel, nice and point able with a nice trigger and so easy to load quickly and the big bore pellets slamming home really makes you smile, I also love my Prosport but like you say, its fiddly to cock and load and heavy for an enjoyable plinking session, my Sirocco 2000 is comfy in the shoulder but is a bitch to cock and after a few pellets you get tired of it, before the Supersport came along the big bore barrel was on my spare Challenger and that was nice to shoot but not as nice a trigger as the SS.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I've got all sorts of sub 12fpe air rifles, and a few pistols also, but if I had to pick an all time favourite it would be a Daystate MK4is in a sporter stock in .177.

But for hunting my Daystate Pulsar is better, and for BR my Daystate Red Wolf midnight is better
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I used to love my HW100kt and had a few of them over the years .
    Now my weapon of choice is a Kalibrgun Cricket mk2 , insanely accurate and also a well sorted P15 as a backup for those pesky squirrels.

Airsporter S 😀