Thread: 3D printed magazines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rusteh View Post
    Not sure how long you've been into 3d printing and don't want to teach you to suck eggs, but worth noting that luminous filament is quite abrasive and can ruin brass nozzles in quite short order - stainless nozzles are a good upgrade (if available for your printer)
    Never had any issues with luminous, other than it's poor lume what CF filament have you had good results with, I'm yet to try it, after about 4yrs of 3D printing! I've upgraded to MicroSwiss hot ends, so have no issues with abrasive filament, just always thought the CF was too expensive to try on a whim.

they look good

Neil was good enough to send me a few of the 3D printed mags to test.

Having run about 14 mags through in one run mixing it with original metals and 3Ds, I have to say they are pretty good

The pellets seem to sit at an angle compared to the metals but this does not show up on range that I can see.

I only had one mag that failed to rotate after the first shot, but a quick wiggle and all was fine. My 100 is also an old girl now so whilst I dont have any mag issues, parts may not be as sharp and crisp as an off the shelf new rifles action internals.

Recomend these if Neil starts offering for sale.

I believe Neil has made one or two small tweaks since but the ones I have all work fine.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

3D printed magazines

Superb idea i really like the idea of brightly coluored ones too easier to find if you drop them when out.