Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Hawaii bell target club?'

'Hawaii bell target club?'

Didn't realise the sport was International?

Thanks to clubs and organisers like this, our sport survives.

Borrowed from AGW

Second time this has been posted, some fat idiot deleted the photos
    Last edited by Binners; 15-01-2022 at 10:10 AM.

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Keep an eye out Binners, there'll be more.

Made the local press too....

IMG-20220112-WA0008.jpg

Dave
    Smell my cheese

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Cue sniggering noises from the back of the classroom...

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Thanks to clubs and organisers like this, our sport survives.

Borrowed from AGW

Second time this has been posted, some fat idiot deleted the photos
    Sure I've seen both at Kempton

Probably one of the few new airgun clubs established in the last couple of decades. Banter is fine, but that’s some achievement.

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Probably one of the few new airgun clubs established in the last couple of decades. Banter is fine, but that’s some achievement.
    Thank you. I can't take all the credit though, my wife, despite never having taken a shot at anything, ever is incredibly supportive. She helped from the start and still sets up and takes down with me almost every week. That and counting out an average of 640 pellets every week into sanitised bags of 8.

The club started with the help of a couple of friends and as the article states the village hall have been extremely supportive from the start.

I had advice from many people along the way, including our own T 20 and Transporter Ray, along with members of his Bell target club.

We did have a little opposition to the club, but whenever they raised objections, I invited them along to see how we conduct ourselves, it was never accepted and the opposition died back.

We have some great members who seem to be able to turn their hand to anything to keep our little club going.

Kelly made our targets at I guess material cost only, Terry built, hosts and maintains our website and Facebook page and there are plenty of volunteers to run the club when I'm not able to.

The club was really starting to grow when covid struck, we had a junior session before the big boys turned up and were taking on new members regularly. Now we've had to stop the junior session because of the close supervision required and are only accepting experienced shooters as new members for the same reason.

Hopefully the day will come when we can get the kids back in, a bunch of old duffers like us can only keep going so long.

I'm especially pleased this year that our two most improved shots were ladies, one of whom had never shot prior to joining the club and who now owns two target rifles.

Ultimately, I have found the air gun community to be a very supportive group. I have made some great friendships over the years, especially via this forum. I'll raise a glass to that tonight.

Big thanks to Terry for publishing the article, and also for his counsel when I gave a talk recently to a group about the historical development of the air rifle.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Thank you. I can't take all the credit though, my wife, despite never having taken a shot at anything, ever is incredibly supportive. She helped from the start and still sets up and takes down with me almost every week. That and counting out an average of 640 pellets every week into sanitised bags of 8.

The club started with the help of a couple of friends and as the article states the village hall have been extremely supportive from the start.

I had advice from many people along the way, including our own T 20 and Transporter Ray, along with members of his Bell target club.

We did have a little opposition to the club, but whenever they raised objections, I invited them along to see how we conduct ourselves, it was never accepted and the opposition died back.

We have some great members who seem to be able to turn their hand to anything to keep our little club going.

Kelly made our targets at I guess material cost only, Terry built, hosts and maintains our website and Facebook page and there are plenty of volunteers to run the club when I'm not able to.

The club was really starting to grow when covid struck, we had a junior session before the big boys turned up and were taking on new members regularly. Now we've had to stop the junior session because of the close supervision required and are only accepting experienced shooters as new members for the same reason.

Hopefully the day will come when we can get the kids back in, a bunch of old duffers like us can only keep going so long.

I'm especially pleased this year that our two most improved shots were ladies, one of whom had never shot prior to joining the club and who now owns two target rifles.

Ultimately, I have found the air gun community to be a very supportive group. I have made some great friendships over the years, especially via this forum. I'll raise a glass to that tonight.

Big thanks to Terry for publishing the article, and also for his counsel when I gave a talk recently to a group about the historical development of the air rifle.

Dave
    That’s brilliant. All power to your elbow, and long may your club prosper, and hopefully inspire others to do the same.

Talking

What happened about our inter club bell target comp?, I supplied a method of accommodating the different number shots we fire per a round, I know our members are keen to get a “whipping” from you!.
    Dave Lea Valley.

Dave
    Well done Dave ,Verity and the members of your club for keeping it going..
    I have mentioned previously that I wished we had a bell target club in the London area.
    Unfortunately my home town are anti anything gun related.
    Hope to see you at a Boinger Bash in the near future.
    Atb
    Les..

I had advice from many people along the way, including our own T 20.

Dave
    Did you ?

I think I should point out that I was only passing on the sage advice given to me by Mr Jim Tyler regarding club insurance.

It is nice to see your's and Verity's hard work recognised, Dave.

All the best Mick

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Well done Dave ,Verity and the members of your club for keeping it going..
    I have mentioned previously that I wished we had a bell target club in the London area.
    Unfortunately my home town are anti anything gun related.
    Hope to see you at a Boinger Bash in the near future.
    Atb
    Les..
    Bit ironic if you Google "barking shooting" ...I did expecting to try and find shops / ranges and clubs to help out, but it seems the locals are more into handguns!

ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Bit ironic if you Google "barking shooting" ...I did expecting to try and find shops / ranges and clubs to help out, but it seems the locals are more into handguns!

ATB, Ed
    Yeah and a bit of home made bomb making as well.
    Back in the day,there was about 4-5 different shops that you could buy your pellets from,and 2 places to buy your airgun’s.
    Les..

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    How did I not know of this fine venture?

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    How did I not know of this fine venture?
    We've been very quiet since covid deliberately. Of you're interested, give me a shout.

Dave
    Smell my cheese