Thread: FWB65 queery

FWB65 queery

Just wondering if anyone uses the recoiling option on their model 65 either as a trainer for a powder burner or just for the sheer heck of it or do you use it purely in its recoiless mode?

I only have ever used it in recoiless, but recently considered fitting something to try out the recoiling action.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    I only have ever used it in recoiless, but recently considered fitting something to try out the recoiling action.
    The supplied locking/blocking plate surprised me as its quite a light weight piece of metal. Well, its lighter than I would have thought at any rate.

I was just reading an old thread on an American site that mentions the front sight blade being taller when in 'recoil mode' to compensate for the change to POI caused be the recoil.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=531015

From last year, there is a BBS thread about the 65, in post #15 there is a picture of one in a polystyrene box with what I imagine to be the locking plate, is that what it looks like?

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...d-65-Pistol-LM
    Last edited by Modski66; 18-01-2022 at 06:51 AM.

Yes, you might find it needs a change of front sight, but with a bigger target you can shoot for a group rather than a high score if that makes sense.

The picture does show the plate, fits on with a large diameter scfew. Pictures not that clear. If you cant find a clearer one I might be able to PM you a better picture.

I know what you mean about groups, another alternative would be to shoot over a very long range!

A clearer picture of the plate would be useful, I am thinking of making one to try out the recoil.

Theres a pretty fair picture of one on the Vintage Airgun Gallery under FWB manuals. Its shows its overall shape but I will try to take a couple of pictures this evening.

modski66,
    You should have an e mail with 4 pictures of the 65 block,

Cheers