Thread: Diana 27's early 60's

Diana 27's early 60's

We are blessed with (two now) good BSA books giving reference for collectors plus Webley pistols & rifles both covered but is there equivalents for Diana/Original makes?
    The thought came to me while looking at my three Diana 27's while trying to see if I should thin down to the best one of the three.

Looking at them two have alloy triggers and one is pressed steel.

All cylinders say "Drilled for scope"
    All are .22
    All have Diana holding the raised arrow.

Pressed trigger date is 11 60 the stock is refinished but not offensive, is now lighter in colour and satin, maybe unstained oiled but old work.
    Alloy trigger date is 1 61 (best one and my keeper)
    Alloy trigger date is 19 64 A has a serial No. on the breech block as E 27xxxx

So I'm assuming alloy is a later change but better?
    And later still serials added?
    Which is the collector preferred??

Therefore I may move the pressed steel trigger one on, as it's poor light now for photo's with only description to go on, it's average condition I suppose with browning more than blue and speckled metalwork, rougher trigger guard and of course the refinished stock estimate rough value ides anyone?
    Maybe also value indications of the better condition 1964 alloy trigger one too?
    Thread is more about Diana reference info really though.
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

There’s a big gap in the market for a Diana reference work.

There is a lot of good info out there, but it’s scattered across various books over the years (Smith, Walter, Hiller, etc), the mags, and a lot of forums/sites/blogs (here, other place, VAG, Pyramydair, old yellow, Dianawerk collective, Classic APA…).

My fear is that, with the closure of the Ratstatt factory and Diana transitioning to being a brand for Chinese imports, the moment is passing where even an enthusiastic German amateur historian could pull together a work similar to, say, Chris Thrale’s Webley book.

I have a 1966 Diana 27 with a plastic trigger and a 1977 but with steel trigger and "F" mark. It seems that the steel trigger was updated several times but eventually the performance went back to steel.