Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airgun Resurrection.

Airgun Resurrection.

If by magic it were possible to resurrect a classic air gun from the past at a commercially viable price in today's market, what would it be?

The BSA Improved Mod D Standard model with side-latch cocking lever retention button and No 12 aperture sight would be my choice.

Brian

First or second pattern Diana 58.

BSA SuperTen with a couple of improvments.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

The bullpup principle of the Britannia has always intrigued me and I would love to see a modern airgun built to the same compact principle. Not an exact copy but made with the working parts in or behind the wrist and loosely having the same angled profile.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I second all the above! And would add a re-thought FWB 65 pistol.

Ditch the complex two-mode trigger (but add a blade-position adjustment), shave some weight, move the balance point a bit forward...and sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by MDriskill View Post
    I'd love to see a re-thought FWB 65 pistol.

Ditch the double trigger modes to save cost, make it a bit lighter and better balanced, add a position adjustment to the trigger blade, and sign me up.
    Isn’t that a lightened FWB80?

A modern version of the Abas Major would sell, compact and powerful, if it could be made at the 'right' price. Most modern spring guns are simply ghastly, large bulbous affairs in the main, with large synthetic grips and bodies. Never have air guns looked so ugly.

Sadly I think a modern Abas would simply be too expensive to make, and the take up for a £500 version would be tiny? Most modern air guns are made to a price as opposed to a standard.

I've always wondered why the concentric design is not used these days as it offers so many advantages?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Isn’t that a lightened FWB80?
    Well maybe but the 80 is ugly and even heavier and the trigger is weird and I just like the 65 better. Humor the old hillbilly's fantasy!

Well maybe but the 80 is ugly and even heavier and the trigger is weird and I just like the 65 better. Humor the old hillbilly's fantasy!
    Happy to, though as an 80s kid, I kind of like the 80. It’s like a Countach to the 65’s Miura.

A modern Diana LP10 could be fun, don’t you think?

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    A modern version of the Abas Major would sell, compact and powerful, if it could be made at the 'right' price. Most modern spring guns are simply ghastly, large bulbous affairs in the main, with large synthetic grips and bodies. Never have air guns looked so ugly.

Sadly I think a modern Abas would simply be too expensive to make, and the take up for a £500 version would be tiny? Most modern air guns are made to a price as opposed to a standard.

I've always wondered why the concentric design is not used these days as it offers so many advantages?
    I know it was tried before but didn’t work, but a Hy-Score (preferably repeater) with a safety catch that met the approval of American lawyers would not be the worst idea ever.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Hello all.

I second all the above! And would add a re-thought FWB 65 pistol.

Ditch the complex two-mode trigger (but add a blade-position adjustment), shave some weight, move the balance point a bit forward...and sign me up.
    Probably this /\

Although if the question extends to slightly re-engineered versions of older guns, I've always been intrigued as to what a properly thought out BSA 240 Magnum would have been like; with the longer barrel and frame as originally conceived, and a grip made for actual human hands. Suspect it could have had the potential to give the HW45 a run for its money.
    Good deals with these members

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Britannia
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Some good ideas already here ( Especially the Britannia) , but for me the choice comes down to two.

1) BSA Military pattern (export version ) in .25 calibre

2) Faithful repro of the Diana repeater underlevers with the indexing circular drum magazine ( Ideally in .22 calibre )

Would love to see either of those brought back/created.

Lakey
    Last edited by Lakey; 17-01-2022 at 06:23 PM.

A Haenel inspired rotating magazine repeater either in a model V sized rifle or a full sized underlever. Good plinking/ fun target rifle. Think that would be my choice.

Not too sure what pistol option I would like to see though.maybe a modern concentric barrel design along the lines of an Ackvoke or perhaps an Abas Major.?...... no forget the pistol just a Haenel repeater please.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Webley MkIII redesigned to give full power levels. However, it would be way beyond my price point!