Thread: Airgun Resurrection.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Airgun Resurrection.

If by magic it were possible to resurrect a classic air gun from the past at a commercially viable price in today's market, what would it be?

The BSA Improved Mod D Standard model with side-latch cocking lever retention button and No 12 aperture sight would be my choice.

Brian

First or second pattern Diana 58.

BSA SuperTen with a couple of improvments.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

The bullpup principle of the Britannia has always intrigued me and I would love to see a modern airgun built to the same compact principle. Not an exact copy but made with the working parts in or behind the wrist and loosely having the same angled profile.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I second all the above! And would add a re-thought FWB 65 pistol.

Ditch the complex two-mode trigger (but add a blade-position adjustment), shave some weight, move the balance point a bit forward...and sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by MDriskill View Post
    I'd love to see a re-thought FWB 65 pistol.

Ditch the double trigger modes to save cost, make it a bit lighter and better balanced, add a position adjustment to the trigger blade, and sign me up.
    Isn’t that a lightened FWB80?

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Hello all.

Quote Originally Posted by MDriskill View Post
    I second all the above! And would add a re-thought FWB 65 pistol.

Ditch the complex two-mode trigger (but add a blade-position adjustment), shave some weight, move the balance point a bit forward...and sign me up.
    Probably this /\

Although if the question extends to slightly re-engineered versions of older guns, I've always been intrigued as to what a properly thought out BSA 240 Magnum would have been like; with the longer barrel and frame as originally conceived, and a grip made for actual human hands. Suspect it could have had the potential to give the HW45 a run for its money.
    Good deals with these members