Thread: Parcel insurance...

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

Parcel insurance...

A forum member posted a link to these guys on a sales thread.. very interesting..

Haven't had chance to trawl thru the details yet (we'd need to), but figured this was a link worth sharing

https://www.secursus.com/en-gb/

I have just emailed them with this query:

Hi, can I confirm please, are unlicensed (i.e. sub 12 foot pounds) air rifles (which can be legally owned by anyone over the age of 17) covered under your policy please ? Value would typically be in the £100-£500 range, and ParcelForce will only insure them up to £100 (as they are specifically excluded from enhanced compensation)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

From their terms & conditions, not sure if our sales pages would fall under "online market place" but I suspect it would,
    also cosmetic damage not covered.

Article 6 - Types of risks covered by the Parcel Insurance
    6.1. The Parcel Insurance covers loss and complete theft or partial theft, or damages caused to the Items.

6.2. THE PARCEL INSURANCE DOES NOT COVER:

RUST AND/OR OXIDATION ON ITEMS SHIPPED WITHOUT PROPER WRAPPING/PACKAGING;
    THE FUNCTIONAL BREAKAGE OF ITEMS OR DISRUPTION/MALFUNCTION OF ANY ITEMS WITH ONE OR SEVERAL MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL OR ELECTRONIC MECHANISMS NOT CLEARLY RESULTING FROM AN INCIDENT DURING TRANSIT;
    ARTISTIC DEPRECIATION;
    LOSS OF DATA RECORDED ON MAGNETIC MEDIA;
    SCRATCHES, SCUFFS, DEFORMATION, AND OTHER COSMETIC DAMAGE;
    DAMAGE DUE TO USE (SECONDHAND ITEMS);
    LOSSES OR DAMAGES ON PACKAGES THAT WERE RECEIVED WITHOUT SIGNATURE OR THAT WERE RECEIVED WITH A NON-CONFORMING SIGNATURE;
    RISKS RELATED TO ELECTROMAGNETIC, BIOCHEMICAL, BIOLOGICAL OR RADIOACTIVE CONTAMINATION, OR CHEMICAL WEAPONS;
    NUCLEAR RISKS;
    CYBER RISKS ;
    ITEMS THAT ARE ALREADY BROKEN OR WEAKENED (UNLESS APPROVED BY SECURSUS IN WRITING);
    ITEMS SHIPPED ON A PALLET (UNLESS APPROVED BY SECURSUS IN WRITING);
    ITEMS SHIPPED THAT ARE SOLD/PURCHASED ON AN ONLINE MARKETPLACE BY INDIVIDUALS. ONLY OFFICIAL BUSINESSES WILL BE COVERED.
    6.3. THESE EXCEPTIONAL EVENTS ARE NOT COVERED BY THE PARCEL INSURANCE:

CONFISCATION, SEQUESTRATION, REQUISITION, BLOCKADE RUNNING, SMUGGLING, ANY KIND OF ARREST OR SEIZURE, THE INSURER FURTHERMORE NOT BEING LIABLE FOR ANY SECURITY PAYABLE FOR RELEASE OF THE INSURED CARGO IN SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES;
    WILFUL MISCONDUCT OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF THE CUSTOMER OR ANY OTHER BENEFICIARY OF THE INSURANCE, REPRESENTATIVES OR OTHER AUTHORIZED PERSONS;
    INHERENT VICE OF THE INSURED CARGO ; WORM AND VERMIN UNLESS CAUSED BY CONTAMINATION DURING THE INSURED VOYAGE, EFFECT OF ATMOSPHERIC TEMPERATURE, ORDINARY LEAKAGE OR ORDINARY LOSS IN WEIGHT OR VOLUME;
    ABSENCE OR INADEQUACY OR UNSUITABILITY OF PREPARATION, PACKING OR PACKAGING
    WAR OR CIVIL WAR, HOSTILITIES, REPRISALS, TORPEDOES, MINES AND ALL OTHER WEAPONS OF WAR, AND GENERALLY ALL ACCIDENTS AND MISFORTUNES OF WAR, AS WELL AS ACTS OF SABOTAGE OR TERRORISM OF A POLITICAL NATURE OR RELATED TO WAR;
    CAPTURE, TAKINGS AT SEA, ARREST, SEIZURE, RESTRAINT, MOLESTATION OR DETENTION BY ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY;
    RIOTS, CIVIL COMMOTION, STRIKES, LOCKOUTS AND OTHER SIMILAR EVENTS;
    PIRACY OF A POLITICAL NATURE OR RELATED TO WAR
    6.4. NO INSURER SHALL BE DEEMED TO PROVIDE COVER AND NO INSURER SHALL BE LIABLE TO PAY ANY CLAIM OR PROVIDE ANY BENEFIT HEREUNDER TO THE EXTENT THAT THE PROVISION OF SUCH COVER, PAYMENT OF SUCH CLAIM OR PROVISION OF SUCH BENEFIT WOULD EXPOSE THAT INSURER TO ANY SANCTION, PROHIBITION OR RESTRICTION UNDER UNITED NATIONS RESOLUTIONS OR THE TRADE OR ECONOMIC SANCTIONS, LAWS OR REGULATIONS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION, FRANCE, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA OR ANY OTHER APPLICABLE NATIONAL LAW IMPOSING SUCH MEASURES.

I asked them also Jon.

They dont cover them now.

The reply .

Hi Paul,

Thank you for reaching out !

Unfortunately, this kind of items are excluded from our insurance policy.

Should you need more information, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Marie Vastel | Account Manager
    E : marie@secursus.com
    W : https://www.secursus.com

Though she did reply again the same day asking

Paul,

I’ve just checked with our insurers, they have several questions :

Does this kind of item require a gun license ?
    What’s the air gun’s number of joules ?

Kind regards,

Marie Vastel | Account Manager
    E : marie@secursus.com
    W : https://www.secursus.com

I replied back 5 mins later ,16 joules and no License ( I did not mention the AWL)

No reply since .
    Last edited by bighit; 02-04-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Though she did reply again the same day asking

Paul,

I’ve just checked with our insurers, they have several questions :

Does this kind of item require a gun license ?
    What’s the air gun’s number of joules ?

I replied back 5 mins later ,16 joules and no License ( I did not mention the AWL)

No reply since .
    I had that same question, and replied.. still awaiting a response too...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I had that same question, and replied.. still awaiting a response too...
    I was going to reply and ask for an update but just left it .

My mate has not forgotten about asking the RFD for you. I just need to get onto him and chase it up

I've also asked, as per below, so the number of enquiries might get them thinking it could be a money earner.

Good morning, I have just been made aware of your company and having been through your terms & conditions I wonder if you can clarify a couple of points.

1/. Do you cover "firearms" of any kind, or parts thereof, this would obviously only include items accepted as legal to carry by the carrier & national law.
    This specifically refers to items that Royal Mail &/or Parcel Force will carry as per their terms, but are exempted from any enhanced value cover usually offered.

2/. Would the sales section of an online forum, restricted to forum members only, fall foul of your "online marketplace" exclusion or would that be allowed.

I await your reply with interest.

Yours sincerely,