Thread: Well guys, hi

Well guys, hi

Jesper here.
    Life time avid shooter and i semi recently came to discover the PCP world - which has about blown my socks off.

Life time as in.. i turn 57 tomorrow
    Nah, seriously. I was raised around hunting and where i live (Sweden) hunting is very much vivid to this day. Large country and the outdoors is as well, large that is.
    So yes. I do hunt and have been my entire life.

I run a small sorts of machine shop in a sense. Have a past within pro motorsports where my back caved in and i was back to square one. So these days i make a living part by building/repairing/servicing tube amplifiers (or.. valve to you Brits) while the other part, as a gun smith actually.

So yes. I keep a lathe, a Bridgeport, TIG welders and what not and certainly know how to use them too.

My "thing" though evolved into blackpowder firearms/shooting really, and it is to this day. I own a plethora of them and compete with them at our nationals and what not.
    Rifles and handguns, same same to me. On the board of the club since a No of yrs and am due that trying to set a mid and hopefully long range series up nation wide where we can let these later black powder era guns breeeeeaathe...
    I´m a lucky sod enough to the point where i actually even own an original Whitworth 451 military match, and use it every chance i get.

PCP´s then?
    Well.
    First up i do live in the country of FX right. But truth be told the shop of mine is at the absolute ledge of an industrial area and.. we recently got rat infested. Nevermind the reasons for this, we got infested by rats. Loads of them.

Using a powder burner to handle that issue is in short not an option as i´d have our local SAS boys on my door in 3mins flat. Ditto for poison, keep three dogs..
    So i started looking into PCP rifles, of course then shrouded and moderated.

First up was indeed a used FX Impact Mk1 in 25cal. Still got it and it´s my "work horse" if anything. Hard hitting, set to approx 100J when to handle business..

That though, coupled with the capacity of the shop, made me get a Hatsan BT-65.. got that one too still, but will now put it in order and up for sale to make room for fresh meat. Again a 25cal gun is what i have in mind. There´s a few different contenders..

That turned out well right, and we started talking at the shop... "how cheap of a PCP gun can be hotroded into like never before and become what it was not"?
    So.
    I saw an ad for a used Artemis PR-900 in 22cal. Picked that up at 120€, will post on it as it´s been quite the journey and quite the revelation really.

..which led me to gun No4 which again is an Artemis. Namely a P15. Again intended as a "project gun". In other words, heads up on that one too.

There you have it. All 4 of them THE dead correct medicine for them rats (some of them the friggin size of kittens - and then some!). What´s more, and of greater use really, is that all 4 of them hands me ample trigger time and thus keep my shooting in shape without the hazzle of heading for the range all the time (which is approx 35km south of me)
    True.
    A 100m PCP gun is not a 1 click Whitworth. True, but then again.. trigger time is trigger time no matter in my book and as always it comes down to honing the basics.

On language. I might miss out here and there but english actually is my 1st language, in a sense. Was brought up partly in the US ´til the age of 11 when my dad passed, and my mom who was Danish urged back for Europe. But yes, my english is thus tainted and although we were taught the queens British at school.. well...
    You get it..

So. There you have it, the compressed version at least.

Cheers the lot of you!

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Racing View Post
    Jesper here.
    Life time avid shooter and i semi recently came to discover the PCP world - which has about blown my socks off.

Nah, seriously. I was raised around hunting and where i live (Sweden) hunting is very much vivid to this day. Large country and the outdoors is as well, large that is.

I run a small sorts of machine shop in a sense. Have a past within pro motorsports where my back caved in and i was back to square one. So these days i make a living part by building/repairing/servicing tube amplifiers (or.. valve to you Brits) while the other part, as a gun smith actually.

So yes. I keep a lathe, a Bridgeport, TIG welders and what not and certainly know how to use them too.

My "thing" though evolved into blackpowder firearms/shooting really, and it is to this day. I own a plethora of them and compete with them at our nationals and what not.
    Rifles and handguns, same same to me. On the board of the club since a No of yrs and am due that trying to set a mid and hopefully long range series up nation wide where we can let these later black powder era guns breeeeeaathe...
    I´m a lucky sod enough to the point where i actually even own an original Whitworth 451 military match, and use it every chance i get.

PCP´s then?
    Well.
    First up i do live in the country of FX right. But truth be told the shop of mine is at the absolute ledge of an industrial area and.. we recently got rat infested. Nevermind the reasons for this, we got infested by rats. Loads of them.

Using a powder burner to handle that issue is in short not an option as i´d have our local SAS boys on my door in 3mins flat. Ditto for poison, keep three dogs..

First up was indeed a used FX Impact Mk1 in 25cal. Still got it and it´s my "work horse" if anything. Hard hitting, set to approx 100J when to handle business..

That though, coupled with the capacity of the shop, made me get a Hatsan BT-65.. got that one too still, but will now put it in order and up for sale to make room for fresh meat. Again a 25cal gun is what i have in mind. There´s a few different contenders..

That turned out well right, and we started talking at the shop... "how cheap of a PCP gun can be hotroded into like never before and become what it was not"?
    So.
    I saw an ad for a used Artemis PR-900 in 22cal. Picked that up at 120€, will post on it as it´s been quite the journey and quite the revelation really.

..which led me to gun No4 which again is an Artemis. Namely a P15. Again intended as a "project gun". In other words, heads up on that one too.

There you have it. All 4 of them THE dead correct medicine for them rats (some of them the friggin size of kittens - and then some!). What´s more, and of greater use really, is that all 4 of them hands me ample trigger time and thus keep my shooting in shape without the hazzle of heading for the range all the time (which is approx 35km south of me)
    True.
    A 100m PCP gun is not a 1 click Whitworth. True, but then again.. trigger time is trigger time no matter in my book and as always it comes down to honing the basics.

On language. I might miss out here and there but english actually is my 1st language, in a sense. Was brought up partly in the US ´til the age of 11 when my dad passed, and my mom who was Danish urged back for Europe. But yes, my english is thus tainted and although we were taught the queens British at school.. well...
    You get it..

Cheers the lot of you!
    Hi Jesper

Welcome aboard, very interesting introduction.

I wouldn't be concerned about your English, it's far better than mine.

We seem to be picking up a lot of members from around the globe at the moment, which makes for a much more enlightening place.

I visited Sweden on a few occasions when working for the man, a crankshaft forge. I'll remember the name of it before long. I well remember minus thirty-two and buying the moose a drink in the Bofors hotel.

Enjoy the forum.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

welcome enjoy this great forum

Welcome. Good read. Looking forward to the detail on the hot-rodding.

Thumbs up Hej

Jesper here.

PCP´s then?
    Well.

So.

True.

You get it..

Cheers the lot of you!
    Hej Jesper,
    You have all my hobbies except the black powder thing , I lived many years just north of you on the E20 but would only get to G'borg now and then though my wife worked there daily. I do miss the Fiskehallen though!

Ja, hej!

Thought i´d make your saturday night a little more liveable...

Going at it with one of the two bands, me on lead guitar from a rehearsal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maixjk9ZmQc

Enjoy.

Cool saturday nigt.

Ja, hej!

Thought i´d make your saturday night a little more liveable...

Going at it with one of the two bands, me on lead guitar from a rehearsal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maixjk9ZmQc

Enjoy.
    I'd think that any rats you've got left in your shop would be deaf as doorposts after that.
    My english is bad!(night)
    Last edited by dulux; 30-01-2022 at 08:10 PM. Reason: spelling