Thread: Plastic?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    especially plastic triggers (shuuder) are abominations.
    This is so true. When I bought my FWB Sport Mk1 new I was dismayed to find it had a plastic trigger, although fortunately it didn't break. I replaced it 25 years later with a lovely wide alloy Jim Maccari one and it transformed the gun. What a stupid decision that was in the 1970s by a company famed for its careful choices!

The company made a similar choice later on the FWB 90 pistol, though it's more of a plastic shoe than the complete trigger and it rectified the mistake quickly, apparently.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Ideally an air-rifle or pistol would be made of BLUED steel, wood and maybe as Garvin suggests, a small amount of horn or mother-of-pearl. Ideally it would go together without any bolts pins or screws like a Mauser 1896 pistol.

Even if it is structurally sound, like with the polymer Glocks etc are made of, plastic gives the thing a 'disposable' impression.

Modern plastic stocks are OK, I have one on my BSA Scorpion. The one on my old Hammerli 420 is fragile and has cracked in some places.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 23-01-2022 at 12:09 AM.