Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hw80 mk1 production years

hw80 mk1 production years

Hi, just wondering how many years Weihrauch made the mk1 hw80 for, I have a 1981 mk1 and a 1990 mk2 but was interested in when and why they decided to change the stock design !

I think it changed around 82/83 though someone who knows for sure will probably be along soon.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.

Quote Originally Posted by simona View Post
    I think it changed around 82/83 though someone who knows for sure will probably be along soon.
    I thought the MK2 80 was introduced at the same time as the MK2 77 in late 1985 ?

I also thought the back blocks on all 30mm tube Weihrauch's changed from 2 scope arrester holes to 3 at that time ?

I'm happy to be proved wrong.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by simona View Post
    Wow that would be a very short run only 2-3 years wonder why they changed the stock so soon ?

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I thought the MK2 80 was introduced at the same time as the MK2 77 in late 1985 ?

I also thought the back blocks on all 30mm tube Weihrauch's changed from 2 scope arrester holes to 3 at that time ?

All the best Mick
    Yes your probably right about the arrester holes both my 1981 80 and my 1983 77 have 2 arrester holes my 1990 80 has three what I find weird is why they felt the need to make the changes so quickly especially in regards to the stock on the 80 or did they make them like that for a longer time, hopefully someone will know ??

All the best Mick
    Would be about right in my case with my 77k, Around this time I think some shops sat on them where better placed shops had fast turn around, So some may have bought a mk1 at the same time others had a mk2, My one mate bought a hw80 with the mk1 stock and he was gutted as a couple of days later his mate went to the same shop and his had a newer stock, obviously a mk2.

My MK1 HW80 is a 1982 made one. It's in a MK2 stock though as I prefer that to the MK1.

My mate likes the MK1 stock as it looks like a FWB stock with the slanted fore end and I did not like the slanted fore end so we swapped stocks.

Did they change the stock to loom different to the FWB ?

I have no idea what came first , the FWB or HW slanted fore end stock that is.

The Sport was way before the 80 stock wise .

Hw80

Mk1 80. 81 to 85. So not a long production run for the MK1 Stock. They did come in factory walnut but are rare to find. The stock on the Beeman R1 is my favourite. Mach 1.5

All the best Mick
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Mk1 80. 81 to 85. So not a long production run for the MK1 Stock. They did come in factory walnut but are rare to find. The stock on the Beeman R1 is my favourite. Mach 1.5
    I didn't know those dates for certain but thought that'd be about right. Thanks chaps.

And, yes, Paul, the R1 stock is a favourite of mine, too.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

The early Beeman R1 stock is what Hw then went on to use for the Hw77 is it not ? But I stand to be corrected.

The mk1 80 stock is the best design for this rifle as it actually has a cheek piece with some height for scope use and a forend that fills the hand, although it does falls short at the forend for covering the pivot bolt but if a walnut Mk1 Hw80 stock were to be found, a maple spacer and ebony tip would sort that out and look rather smart imo.
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    The early Beeman R1 stock is what Hw then went on to use for the Hw77 is it not ? But I stand to be corrected.

The mk1 80 stock is the best design for this rifle as it actually has a cheek piece with some height for scope use and a forend that fills the hand, although it does falls short at the forend for covering the pivot bolt but if a walnut Mk1 Hw80 stock were to be found, a maple spacer and ebony tip would sort that out and look rather smart imo.
    As above, plus I seem to remember that the change was for the American market, gave the gun a more "sporting rifle" appearance, Dr Beeman had an heavy influence on Weihrauch designs back then.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Were the mk1 80s stock a copy of the Diana 45? if not they looked close.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Were the mk1 80s stock a copy of the Diana 45? if not they looked close.
    I think it's more along the lines of the Hw35 Luxus if you compare the two, although some will say FWB or O45

Weihrauch have a mind of their own and back in the 80's had some very good designs stock wise.

The Hw77 adjustable stock is a rare beast and so are standard design walnut stocked 77 and 80's.

But it's not as though we can tell them Now

Theirs a good chap pull your boots up and let's get back to the 80's way of doing thing's

In some respect's
    Last edited by HW777; 13-02-2022 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Edit
    Hw77+7

80 Stock

A little off track but HW55T mentioned the rare HW77K AS. Done in the mid 80s and I remember seeing one in the rack at venom arms around 1986. Well HW recreated the HW77K AS with the green laminate version but again rare as only done for the German Market. Mach 1.5