Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Opening up HW95k transfer port

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Finally got to shoot this at 30 yds yesterday after helping my dad zero his .243 for dsc1 exam (had a few shots myself and was surprised at how little recoil there was).
    Groups started at about 3/4" but I managed to reduce this to about 1/2" after a few tries. All misses quite clearly down to me so a bit more practice and I should be able to get that down to 1/4".
    Before I started all this tinkering it was more like an inch at 15 yds.
    Incidentally fitting a Rowan extra setback trigger has also made it a lot easier to use, would recommend for every HW.
    Good deals with these members

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I love a happy ending
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Excellent. Keep the practice going and keep getting to know it inside-out. Have you tried FTTs in it, yet?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Have you tried FTTs in it, yet?
    Not yet. Using JSB Exact 4.52 which it seems to like (and I already have stockpiled ).

I did try Mako slugs yesterday but it didn't seem to like them, though I may give them another chance in better conditions.
    Good deals with these members

Gotcha.. Well, you don't need me to tell you how good the Exacts are and they're not the most popular FT / HFT pellet for no reason.. So if it likes them, no reason to deviate away.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!