Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PH Dragon silencer threads

PH Dragon silencer threads

Over the years I have seen not many, 3 to be exact, Dragons. Each had a muzzle thread (male) of M10 x 1.5mmm to attach a specific PH silencer.
    But it now appears that PH also produced a Dragon with a 1/2" UNF x 20 male thread. Does anyone else have such a fitment?

I am not sure if the UNF came with the MK2 ... I doubt it because .22 Dragon Ser. 0437 has the H on the breech which I think signifies a MK2 yet has the metric thread. Any chance the UNF was on the .177 (FT?) version?

Cheers, Phil

I’ve never seen a Dragon with a 1/2” thread on it, to be honest I thought they used the m10x1.5 because the barrel was too thin to take a 1/2”UNF thread. I do have an M10x1.5 to 1/2” adapter made from brass that came with mine, but couldn’t say if it’s an official part.

As an aside all the Parker Hale silencers I’ve seen with the protrusion to allow use with Dragons have all been m10x1.5, but then again I’ve only seen a handful.

The H on the barrel I’m sure signifies something they did to the bore of some of the barrels, but for the life of me can’t remember at the moment

My Dragon FT has no thread at all, just a plain muzzle to the usual threaded length… could be that they just used the barrels they knew they could machine to fit.

I would imagine that Keith (justinthyme on here) may know more on the subject
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

Mine (new to me a week ago) has an aluminium 1/2" adapter epoxied on!! Well it has for about another hour until I can get the blow lamp on it! I had read it was an m10 × 1.25 thread? But won't know for sure until I can get it off. I have seen small adaptors m10 - 1/2 unf online but I'm assuming these are m10 x 1.5 as I'm in the market for a silencer also but struggling to find anything.

With regard to the H on the breach was there not a thread recently that suggested it stood for hardened, as in hardened valve parts that signified the modification to mk2?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I had thought it was a fine 1.25 pitch too, but I maybe wrong...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by carlins2000 View Post
    With regard to the H on the breach was there not a thread recently that suggested it stood for hardened, as in hardened valve parts that signified the modification to mk2?
    I don’t know why I read the H part of the original post as barrel when it clearly states breech… I believe you may be right pal!

Quote Originally Posted by carlins2000 View Post
    "H" for hardened valve is correct

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Over the years I have seen not many, 3 to be exact, Dragons. Each had a muzzle thread (male) of M10 x 1.5mmm to attach a specific PH silencer.
    But it now appears that PH also produced a Dragon with a 1/2" UNF x 20 male thread. Does anyone else have such a fitment?

I am not sure if the UNF came with the MK2 ... I doubt it because .22 Dragon Ser. 0437 has the H on the breech which I think signifies a MK2 yet has the metric thread. Any chance the UNF was on the .177 (FT?) version?

Cheers, Phil
    evening Phil
    largest diameter of original barrel is 12mm turned down to 10mm to go through barrel support, some threaded, some not, never seen one with 1/2" thread which would need to be 12.7mm dia
    I used to have the brass adapters made a while ago,the same as Tom mentions, none left now, original PH MM3 silencer for Dragon is getting harder to find and only have the one for my Dragons

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Evening Tom, the ampersand "&" stamped on the underside of barrels near to breech indicate choked barrels
    only come across a couple of .177 FT that are threaded,
    Evening Keith, thank god you’ve said that it would have driven my crazy haha!

Also agree that the MM3 is getting hard to find now… good ones get snapped up quickly too.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdavies9 View Post
    The H on the barrel I’m sure signifies something they did to the bore of some of the barrels, but for the life of me can’t remember at the moment ldconfused
    the ampersand "&" on the underside of the barrel near to breech indicates choked barrels Tom

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    the ampersand "&" on the underside of the barrel near to breech indicates choked barrels Tom
    when you get as old as me you start to repeat yourself in posts as well .....

Well the good news is with a gentle warming the 1/2" threaded adapter has come off, the bad news is someone has snapped off the threaded section of the barrel, hence the adapter being fitted
    Looks like I'm going to have to refinish the crown and have an adaptor made up, I also have an & on the barrel indicating a choke, but maybe this has gone with the threaded part?

Thank you all for the replies; they have given me much to think about.
    Now I wonder if I have got it wrong so seek information from those that have an adapter fitted to convert the M10 to a UNF thread. What form is the adapter? Could it be a very short thin adapter that screws over the M10 thread but has a UNF thread on the outside so does not increase the overall barrel length, except maybe a mm or two? I have seen similar designs for electrical lamp threads. My idea of an adapter would screw on the M10 but then have a UNF section in front of it so that it extends beyond the muzzle by maybe 30mm ... similar to the UNF double ended male to male adapters you see in pictures. This would also avoid the very tight clearance twixt barrel and cylinder.

Cheers, Phil

You can buy m10 female - 1/2"unf male adaptors for less than £10 but I think the issue is the thread on the dragon isn't m10 (10 X 1.5) but is 10 X 1.25. Mine has the thread section snapped off so can't check the thread pitch for you sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Thank you all for the replies; they have given me much to think about.
    Now I wonder if I have got it wrong so seek information from those that have an adapter fitted to convert the M10 to a UNF thread. What form is the adapter? Could it be a very short thin adapter that screws over the M10 thread but has a UNF thread on the outside so does not increase the overall barrel length, except maybe a mm or two? I have seen similar designs for electrical lamp threads. My idea of an adapter would screw on the M10 but then have a UNF section in front of it so that it extends beyond the muzzle by maybe 30mm ... similar to the UNF double ended male to male adapters you see in pictures. This would also avoid the very tight clearance twixt barrel and cylinder.

Cheers, Phil
    Mine is very short, but does add length. It is not a one thread over another situation. As you say it also comes forward of the cylinder to allow a broader range of silencers.