Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to vermin hunter tv

What happened to vermin hunter tv

Few years back used to watch loads of their videos and when I started out again learnt a fair bit too from some of si videos etc.

Seems like it's come to an end now ?

Anyone know anything

Si moved to Wales and Davy is concentrating on his knife making, as far as I'm aware.

Apparently the logistics of meeting up made filming a bit of a pain, last I saw they'd met up at Uttoxeter at forum member "Transporter's" permission to film some rat shooting there.

Davy's a member on here btw.

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 18-01-2022 at 10:26 PM.

That's fair enough I suppose
    Thanks mate

i used to like watching there show

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    i used to like watching there show
    So did I, Jeff.

I see that Si has put up a YouTube video with him and his son enjoying the countryside during lockdown.

I've met Davy as he's been to my place a few times for the Boinger Bash and the Air Arms Owners Club meetings --- the little bugger always nicks my TX and runs off with it.
    Besides the problems of Davy being in Swindon and Si now being in Cardiff (?), Davy was also running the Black Cat shooting ground so I don't suppose he has much free time.

I could phone Davy to see if there are any future plans for VHTV but I don't like to pester him.

All the best Mick

yes mick they bothe come over as very nice people nice to have as friends i can imagine si being a bit of a character

yes mick they bothe come over as very nice people nice to have as friends i can imagine si being a bit of a character
    I only know Davy, Jeff, and he's sound as a pound.

I've never met Si, though I played a small part in getting him to write for Airgunworld a few years ago.

All the best Mick

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Thumbs up

I quite like their videos as well.
    I've seen a lot of moaning Minnie's casting aspersions about Si's shooting and things like 'it's all edited' or he 'only' did three shots - but I'd be very happy to do some the three shot strings he does

I found his shooting videos far more interesting than most others.
    Just sour grapes it seems for the most part and I don't think his association with SFS helped as I've seen loads of whinging about that too - mainly by people that have never owned one of their rifles.
    The ones I've actually met that have had one seem quite happy with theirs bar one.

yesi read a few of his write ups,so you were the man behind the scene of it well done mick

your problaby right harvey,he is a good shot and i belive he gets on with tony well so is going on about his work he does on guns ive heard good things about that company

yesi read a few of his write ups,so you were the man behind the scene of it well done mick
    I just put two folks in touch with one another, Jeff --- nothing more.

All the best Mick

A while back I seem to remember seeing a video by Si saying something along the lines of to much aggro from some of the shooting fraternity about the ranges he shoots over, taking risky shots, bad for publicity, encouraging poor practices etc etc, or something like that anyway...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Both Davy and Si came to the air rifle meet ay Yeaveley, Derbyshire, a good few years back. Tony Wall used to bring a bus load over a couple of times a year and they hitched a lift on that! Both seemed very down to earth and approachable airgunners, much like most of the other folks on a meet.
    Regards,
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    A while back I seem to remember seeing a video by Si saying something along the lines of to much aggro from some of the shooting fraternity about the ranges he shoots over, taking risky shots, bad for publicity, encouraging poor practices etc etc, or something like that anyway...
    Yes, unfortunately it wasn't all good, the laughing whilst shooting stuff done it for me, couldn't handle that one, hard to think that they'd put that out there, didn't make shooters look good when that happened.

still a good thing to do in my book mick