These guns lack adjustment for the hammer spring. Redesigning that more in depth was more of a chore than just going the other route, trapping the spring and be able to set preload as well as hammer free flight.
Cause seeing where we were to end up, for the better. No hammer "de bounce" to be had, and this so called SSG setup takes care of that too, at least to a reasonable degree.
Now.
The Artemis PR-900 is a cheap PCP and it has to show SOMEWHERE and i´m here to tell you that it´s much a matter of fit. That end plug for instance.. No. Just..no.
Seeing the SSG setup needed a guide to run off that protrudes through said end plug i simply turned a new one out of 7075T651 Aluminium and done deal.
While at it i reset how the plug was held in place too.

To make that guide run as it should the stock needed a relief cut at the rear. No biggie..

At that rate i set the SSG up for 3mm of free flight of the hammer, for starters.

Quiet is good. We like quiet, so although the moderator being there i also decided to fabricate me a shroud setup. Yes. Again POM (plastic) with an o-ring groove to seal vs the shroud tube and what not..

Up front in turn, and adapter for the adapter!

´n here we go.. Slim piece of thin wall steel tubing.

Shroud is set up "floating". Ie; axial movement of shroud is approx 1mm. Up front a small aluminium disc with a "step" is used to keept the front o-ring in check. This makes for a very simple and easy manner in which to first up keep the entire setup floating and second be able to install the shroud parts from the "rear" (with the barrel off). Up front there´s all this hardware bolted down remember..