Thread: El-cheapo Artemis PR-900 - the mule

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Great thread!

I bought a PR900 a couple of weeks ago off here and I'm in the throes of fitting a reg and setting it up. Great little rifles if anyone is thinking of going in this direction- good for learning about pcp's.

Anyone fitted an Altaros reg to one? Any handy hints?
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Great thread!

I bought a PR900 a couple of weeks ago off here and I'm in the throes of fitting a reg and setting it up. Great little rifles if anyone is thinking of going in this direction- good for learning about pcp's.

Anyone fitted an Altaros reg to one? Any handy hints?
    Well, i´ve certainly had the entire tube apart if that helps. Installing a reg is a rather straight forward proposition in most cases, and the ones for the PR-900 is no different.
    Just be anal about going by the book (pamphlet i guess) to the letter.

Where many fail from what i´ve seen is that residual air needs to be able to escape (thus more often than not a small hole needs to be drilled) and many fail to understand the importance of flat mating surfaces.
    Classic example of that is when a reg is to be installed to a Hatsan BT-65. The reg closes up and seals vs the stock rear "pressure out" bung and the thing is that these bungs, the machining done to them by Hatsan is insanely coarse.
    Thus that surface often needs to be leveled and polished on a lathe to make the thing work.

The bungs on the PR (as i´ve seen them) are not though. Machining is ok as far as surface finish. Fit of parts though, as noted, is a different matter.

But as stated. Just be anal in your approach to the install and you´ll be just fine. Need be, hollar... and we´ll take it from there. These are VERY simple rifles to work on.
    Just be sure to have the correct metric allen keys and so forth on hand.

What´s more if you haven´t already download an exploded view of the thing. It´ll help, and in turn take a crap loads of pictures with your cell. More than you think you´ll ever need.. cause with them on hand you can ALWAYS back track.

To that make sure you´ve got a tube of silicone grease and spray on oil too. Liberal amounts (while not friggin drowning the parts) applied to all o-rings is good habit.