Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New recoiless break barrel gas piston airgun

Quote Originally Posted by kijoseki View Post
    Thanks for your comments Adam. Do not worry about weariness in the internal parts: rongs are self lubricant. Tolerances are less than 0,1mm. The above targets were done with a peototpe with more than 5.000shots. No wear parts have been detected. About the aesthetic: if you do longer cilynder, center of gravity goes to the front and besides airgun looks too long. Is you cut in slope, you add more cost… We have to find a compromise between aesthetic, functionality and cost. I dont know if we got it, market will say that.
    So the "stock" is part of the cylinder, more of a "chassis" like the Steyr?
    Aesthetics are a personal thing, but I think the rifle looks shorter if the forend is slightly longer relative to the barrel, covering the breech block and hinge, and it just looks better. That exposed cocking link looks quite awkward to me. If I got one I'd be tempted to 3d print an add on to cover it. The butt pad also looks a bit weird.

Anyway best of luck with the project, and I may be tempted myself at some point.

Edit: I just read a review on Hard Air which states it's 17 ft.lbs. Will a sub 12 version be marketed in the UK?
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

New Rifle

I wish you all the best with this new exciting project. A scope only model maybe an idea with a 12 inch screw cut LW barrel. Mach 1.5

Red face

Adam:
    Cylinder is the core of the stock. Buttstock inserts in the cilynder. And handguard&grip is atrached by the screws and at the same time, locks the buttstock.
    About the cilinder:
    You mean something like this: first protoype about 2018-January.

About ft-lbs: Norica has 12ft-lbs gas rams for UK. That’s not the problem.
    I hope UK importer asks Omnias for your country.

Mach1.5:
    That kind of airgun is on my notebook since 2018.
    Thank you all!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I like it...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Looking very interesting and I wish you all the best with it.
    I will try and view the video properly later when noise isn't an issue as it is at this early hour.

I remember the earlier prototypes. Very well done on achieving this end result with Norica amid all the turmoil we have had of late.
    Last edited by TonyL; 21-01-2022 at 05:52 AM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Interesting and refreshing concept

Spoiled only by the apparent ergonomics of a set of stepladders.
    At 1:32 in the video, the shooter is standing with the gun mounted, and the heel of the butt plate looks to be perched on his shoulder, rather than connected as it ought to be.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I like it...
    Me too 😊

Love it. I want one.

How refreshing. Interesting for sure, well done
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Looking forward to trying one if we get them here
    I've been waiting a long time to see some thing new other then pcp and better still is self contained no air bottle or pump neededldgrin

very good luck with it

Hello, shame it's so heavy

I like it Great to see something new. Good luck with it!

looking good so far, price???? wonder how long before the gas ram leaks
    'The person who sais it cannot be done should not interupt the person doing it' _ old chinese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Interesting and refreshing concept

Spoiled only by the apparent ergonomics of a set of stepladders.
    At 1:32 in the video, the shooter is standing with the gun mounted, and the heel of the butt plate looks to be perched on his shoulder, rather than connected as it ought to be.
    The shooter is a technician from Norica: very good young technician but inexperienced shooter!!
    Stock fits very well, believe me. The buttstock has to rest on your shoulder and then, your eyes will be watching the open sights without any weird gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    looking good so far, price???? wonder how long before the gas ram leaks
    Do not worry about that cause:
    1.- This gasram are produced since 2011: still has note received any claim about it. I personally own several Noricas and Cometas and all were converted to gasram or bought like that. Forget longevity of the gasram.
    2.- Suppose that you are the first person to have problems with gasram and is out of warranty. Or you don't like the feeling of it: Convert your gas piston airgun in a conventional spring airgun. You only have to buy the spring and the rear plastic guide. You can include the top hat or not. No mechanics jobs are needed to do this conversion.

In Spain, official price is 425€, about 355 GBP.

Regards!