Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New recoiless break barrel gas piston airgun

New recoiless break barrel gas piston airgun

Hi everybody:
    In this Shot Show 2022, spanish brand Norica, joined to ZRS brand, has launched the new recoiless break barrel gas piston. It is an affordable option for all purpose shooters.

Characteristics are: recoiless ZRS system, simple no-maintenance system, 8lbs weight, adjustable trigger, 12ft-lbs or 18ft-lbs FAC, fiber sights, cheekpiece, can shoot at any angle.
    https://hardairmagazine.com/news/nor...rel-air-rifle/

Promotional video in english:

Hope you like!

Jose Antonio
    ZRS designer.
    Zero Recoil System Ltd.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Amazing! The first recoilless piston rifle for decades. The design certainly seems an improvement on the El Gamo Statical!

The video does look a bit like the shooter is preparing for the Russian invasion of Ukraine, but I guess it is a 'tactical' style gun.

Will there be a wood stock version?

What sort of accuracy is it giving?

Bold and ingenious design, the shoot at any angle ability is a great addition to the concept.

It certainly looks good and I would love to try it out. Do you have a date for when it will be available in the UK and the likely retail price?
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The video does look a bit like the shooter is preparing for the Russian invasion of Ukraine, but I guess it is a 'tactical' style gun.

There is the mask as well. I have just been rewatching The Winter Soldier and this might be making it even more desirable!

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    The trigger looks a bit GAMOish to me.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    The trigger looks a bit GAMOish to me.

Pete
    I'm sure if it a solid design someone will make a drop in unit to make up for its shortcomings - Welsh Willy will knock one out.

Trigger is the same as other noricas (715 trigger?) So there are probably already options available.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Amazing! The first recoilless piston rifle for decades. The design certainly seems an improvement on the El Gamo Statical!

Will there be a wood stock version?

What sort of accuracy is it giving?

Bold and ingenious design, the shoot at any angle ability is a great addition to the concept.
    Well I think I’ll be grabbing one and seeing if I can’t sort something out stock wise hopefully the synthetic stock is not intrinsically linked to the action.
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

There was a big hoo hah about these about two years back, they were showing off the platform for s tx as well then, it's took a long time to get it out .

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    There was a big hoo hah about these about two years back, they were showing off the platform for s tx as well then, it's took a long time to get it out .
    Back then they were working with cometa.
    Cometa obviously changed their mind and norica have picked it up

Quote Originally Posted by tomdavies9 View Post
    Well I think I’ll be grabbing one and seeing if I can’t sort something out stock wise hopefully the synthetic stock is not intrinsically linked to the action.
    I reckon you could get rid of the pistol grip and whole butt end, but would need to keep the big cylinder thingy with the writing on.
    The action slides inside this tube on delrin rings and against a spring at the back.
    Bit like a certain B2 that someone made....

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Funnily enough I've been searching the archives on here for these stocks for the last week, couldn't remember the name.

As above there was a bit of fanfare in 2019 when ZRS were meant to be partnering with Cometa, and IIRC before that when the owner was promising drop in stocks for some models, but nothing seemed to come of it. Maybe Norica had a better offer? Incidentally I can't find ZRS' website anymore.
    Either way the whole ZRS thing has been going on for a while now, I'll get excited when they actually release a gun.
    And even more excited when they release a gun that doesn't look like an SMK syntarg with utterly pointless open sights dropped into a weird looking stock.
    Good deals with these members

Unfortunately (IMO) the break barrel market currently seems focused on the lowest possible price and most tactical looking. I guess that's where the business case is.
    Personally I think people would happily pay more money for classic styling, walnut stocks and percieved quality build (wood and metal, limited plastic).

The ZRS could fill this role if that's a route Norica ever wanted to take

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Unfortunately (IMO) the break barrel market currently seems focused on the lowest possible price and most tactical looking. I guess that's where the business case is.
    Personally I think people would happily pay more money for classic styling, walnut stocks and percieved quality build (wood and metal, limited plastic).

The ZRS could fill this role if that's a route Norica ever wanted to take
    I mean they could probably save a fair bit by just leaving off the nasty cheap rear sight and plasticky barrel shroud. Who is going to be buying a rifle like this and using it with cheap (and decidedly un-tactical) opens after all?

And what on earth is going on with the buttpad?

Sorry, I think I liked the ZRS concept a lot more when it was going to be a drop in stock for popular models of airgun.
    Good deals with these members

HI again! Thank you for your interest in the airgun.
    I am trying to answer so many questions:
    1.- Black mask is because of covid era. I'm agree that publicist likes black color too much.
    2.- Trigger is the 745 from Norica. Nor gamo or cometa or other makers are realted to this one. It is fully adjustable and can be easily tuned, simply taking off the internal spring that is allocated inside the spring that controls pulling force. (in order to prevent accidents qith people that like too much lightness)
    3.- We began with our stocks for TX200 for FT. After that, we tried to agree with Cometa, but we failed. After that, we signed a previous agreement with Crosman, but COVID arrives to destroy all chances. And after that, we got this agreement with NORICA. Too many months for meetings, emails...and after that, many months for the design and testing several prototypes, to launch the better airgun Norica has made in decades.
    4.- Although I know there are people who don´t like synthetic stocks, believe me, that, this "weird" stock is one of the most ergonomic stocks ever made in serial airguns: for example, the grip is a replica of our walnut grip that went to FTWC'19. All the measures have been carefully thought to a shooter can fit "in", in a natural way. Give it a chance to test it in the shop. And touch it: the black anodized aluminum cylinder gives you extreme pleasure ( and the stock has a very good grip feeling. The balance is perfect: all the weight is centered on your hand below handguard.
    5.- Of course, we have more plans to make more variants in wood and for competition, but we have to succeed before with this all-purpose airgun. Do not wait for new variants before 2 or 3 years...if we succeed.
    6.- We can make iron sights, walnut stocks, fit Lothar Walther barrels....but remember: this airgun is 100& made in Spain, in Europe: Are you ready to pay fo those aspects in something new like this? We have chosen to low as possible the final price, with open sights ( plastic+glass fiber made with optic fiber but with a very good system for adjusting..click&clck&click...).
    7.- Accuracy: better than you would bet. These are two of many targets made by a non-professional shooter, at 27 yards, x9 magnify, bench rest position, closed gallery, 14ft-lbs ( seal had many shots on. Gasram is a 18ft-lbs) JSB exact pellets in a very cold, cold day.

8.- We have tested several prototypes: more than 8.000 shots. One of them made more than 5000 shots without any sign of wearing. Those targets above were done with it.
    9.- As we have signed this agreement with Norica, we can not produce kits anymore, while the contract is on.