Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA Superstar "Special"

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35

BSA Superstar "Special"

Hi all,

Just seen in Perkins guns that they have a Superstar "Special" which I'm sure was mentioned about on here a while back, I seem to remember saying about the gold stripes and "special" sticker reminded me of car stickers I used to sell in the car spares shop I worked in when I was younger.

Anyway does anyone know if this rifle is a proper BSA Special or a made up one that's fooled a gun smith.

http://perkinguns.co.uk/rh13377/

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    A 'bronze' painted stock?

Nah, this is someone's dream and everyone elses nightmare.

Superstar is the best of the BSA fixed barrels, but it is not improved by giving it the 'Doc Savage' fake tan treatment.

BSA would not have done that to their rifle. Bake on some black paint instead of blueing, but not 'bronzer' on wood.

Superstar

Nothing really Special about it. Seems the last owner had some go faster stickers left over from the 80's. Mach 1.5

I’d be tempted to agree with the above and say someone has made that up. I’ve personally never seen BSA produce anything like it and doubt that would be their idea of a “special” edition.

It looks like it was someone’s dream, or maybe they covered a damaged stock with spray paint and got carried away with gold vinyl…

I’d genuinely like to be proven wrong on this one!

Cheers
    Greg

Ive got a BSA Superstar Magnum but the stock is standard.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

No it’s not a BSA special.
    I helped sell the collection this rifle came from. A very sad case of someone who passed away long before what should have been their time. He liked doing up rifles to his taste and sprayed and put these graphics on his stocks. There was a maroon Airsporter S which thankfully I managed to find a replacement stock and salvaged the situation.
    Both the gun mentioned and the Airsporter are in immaculate condition and virtually unfired. Just the art work is not to everyone’s taste. A lovely gun but no BSA limited edition.
    Cheers
    Dave
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Ive got a BSA Superstar Magnum but the stock is standard.

I.J. You had a good deal there, I regret selling it far too cheap and wish I had kept it....

Kind regards....

i once saw a rapid 7 sprayed silver with black stars painted on stock

My Original Rapid Mk1 Laminate Target stock has been granted the rapid 7 ugliest stock on Guys Rapid 7 Owners Club forum, Obviously done for some ones taste but i have never found a single person who likes the spray job,,, Including myself. Would have to be stripped if i ever use it .

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Funnily enough I have just bagged up my Superstar for tomorrow's trip to the club. .177 Mk1 in an early CS800 stock
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Funnily enough I have just bagged up my Superstar for tomorrow's trip to the club. .177 Mk1 in an early CS800 stock
    And I bet if you asked Custom Stocks to make you a stock to fit a BSA they would say no and say they never made them for Beezas.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    And I bet if you asked Custom Stocks to make you a stock to fit a BSA they would say no and say they never made them for Beezas.

Pete
    I have and you are partially correct, they don’t deny making them in the past but that the patterns they had were for an older process and not compatible with their current machinery.

So, if anyone knows of a custom stock for an underlever Goldstar..

Quote Originally Posted by lightning22 View Post
    I have and you are partially correct, they don’t deny making them in the past but that the patterns they had were for an older process and not compatible with their current machinery.

So, if anyone knows of a custom stock for an underlever Goldstar..
    Well I'd happily send them a stock to copy the inletting if I wanted one to fit that rifle.

Pete

Well I'd happily send them a stock to copy the inletting if I wanted one to fit that rifle.

Pete
    Yup, offered the same.

No dice unfortunately. Have the bits to make a stock carver in the garage, the two things may be related...

Pete
    They just won't do it Pete.

CS used to make their stock on a copy lathe and used to turn a fair range of stocks out, incuding stocks for the Diana 48/52.

Unfortunately they use CNC now.
    B.A.S.C. member