Thread: BSA 240 Magnum Inspection Certificate.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BSA 240 Magnum Inspection Certificate.

I've just been looking at the Inspection Certificate accompanying my 1995 BSA 240 Magnum air pistol which is stamped as passing for accuracy of 5 shots at 25 yds.
    It doesn't state the accuracy criteria, but I doubt it was tested at 25 yds and is probably a standard air rifle certificate used for both rifles and the pistol. It would be
    interesting to know what the accuracy requirement was for air rifles and pistols and the associated failure rates.

Brian

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Doubter!

It was the magnum after all!

Dave
    Smell my cheese

And I expect "No.5" was quite a good shot ( I mean to say, you would be if you did it all day, every day) . He seems fairly confident the way he has slapped his stamp everywhere. (I notice his handwriting isn't the neatest though )

Still, I would think a 1" bullseye at 25 yards was well within his capabilities.

I just don't understand these doubters

Lakey

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Does it show a picture of the barn which the 240 allegedly managed to hit the broad side of?
    Good deals with these members

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    i did a thread a while ago on tuning the 240 for accuracy... summary is that relieving the through bore at the muzzle end, taking a couple of coils off the spring, and having a less tight guide actually made for a decent shooting, accurate gun.. Why BSA couldn't have worked that out; took me an hour
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    i did a thread a while ago on tuning the 240 for accuracy... summary is that relieving the through bore at the muzzle end, taking a couple of coils off the spring, and having a less tight guide actually made for a decent shooting, accurate gun.. Why BSA couldn't have worked that out; took me an hour
    The gun as originally designed was a few inches longer, which also probably would have made for a better shooting pistol.
    Good deals with these members