Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA 240 Magnum Inspection Certificate.

No idea what pellets BSA used but I think they quoted velocities around 420 fps in .22 & 510 fps for 177. If & it is an if, they were 15grain 22s & 7grain 177s then that's getting close

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    the scorpions ended up with pistons with a shorter stroke (the piston sear notch moved)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    No idea what pellets BSA used but I think they quoted velocities around 420 fps in .22 & 510 fps for 177. If & it is an if, they were 15grain 22s & 7grain 177s then that's getting close
    For the Scorpion or 240? I could believe the former but seems incredibly optimistic for the 240...
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    For the Scorpion or 240? I could believe the former but seems incredibly optimistic for the 240...
    It's for the 240

Just spotted it, there is a post on here dated Nov 2017 that mentions 510 in 177
    Last edited by trajectory; 23-01-2022 at 05:51 PM.

There is provision for a longer barrel in the packaging, but what would the other compartments have contained when the gun was new ?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    There is provision for a longer barrel in the packaging, but what would the other compartments have contained when the gun was new ?

Brian
    Hi Brian,

I remember buying a 240 within days of them going on sale. The only accessory I recall was an Allen key and paperwork. I added a tin of BSA pellets to my box and I think some BSA targets (it is possible the loose targets were included but this was nearly 30 years ago!).

One thing I was impressed with was a note from the then MD asking for feedback, which I provided - mainly around the grip. I was delighted to receive a written acknowledgement from the MD personally not long after. Still didn't change the grip though!

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Brian,

I remember buying a 240 within days of them going on sale. The only accessory I recall was an Allen key and paperwork. I added a tin of BSA pellets to my box and I think some BSA targets (it is possible the loose targets were included but this was nearly 30 years ago!).

One thing I was impressed with was a note from the then MD asking for feedback, which I provided - mainly around the grip. I was delighted to receive a written acknowledgement from the MD personally not long after. Still didn't change the grip though!

Kind regards,

John
    Hello John,

I wonder why BSA provided such apparently specifically formed compartments within the packaging without including some accessories in the box.

Brian