Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Did the new webley service rifle ever get made?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    nottingham
    Posts
    3,604

    Did the new webley service rifle ever get made?

    Think it was sterling was going to remake them

  2. #2
    micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    boston
    Posts
    1,731
    I don't think it ever got into production. just the just a few prototypes.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    nottingham
    Posts
    3,604
    what a shame was looking forward trying one

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    near rotterdam,netherlands
    Posts
    3,480
    Those that were advertised at gunstar etc? They looked good
    ATB,
    yana

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    667
    I think the company may have folded. Tony Belas was with them for a short time before going back to Daystate. Remember seeing the rifles on show at the NEC a few years back, interesting looking things.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    aberdeenshire
    Posts
    25,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    I think the company may have folded. Tony Belas was with them for a short time before going back to Daystate. Remember seeing the rifles on show at the NEC a few years back, interesting looking things.
    There was a member on here who also went to Sterling Armaments with Tony . He was at MTC (or the Diana group* of companies ) then Sterling .

    It seems any company that gets mixed up with Graham Trimm ends up losing out.

    Sterling Armaments did not fold. It's a format company .
    https://find-and-update.company-info...54095/officers
    Lanchester dissolved last year.

    https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/11892320

    * Nothing to do with Diana Airguns who are part of GSG
    Last edited by bighit; 21-01-2022 at 11:14 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    maidstone
    Posts
    673
    By the lack of 'used' ones on the second hand market from disillusioned purchasers I think the answer is NO

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    There was a member on here who also went to Sterling Armaments with Tony . He was at MTC (or the Diana group* of companies ) then Sterling .

    It seems any company that gets mixed up with Graham Trimm ends up losing out.

    Sterling Armaments did not fold. It's a format company .
    https://find-and-update.company-info...54095/officers
    Lanchester dissolved last year.

    https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/11892320

    * Nothing to do with Diana Airguns who are part of GSG
    Thanks for this. So the Lanchester side of their business folded which were the airguns?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    aberdeenshire
    Posts
    25,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Thanks for this. So the Lanchester side of their business folded which were the airguns?
    The Sterling Armaments website had the airguns on it as did the facebook page so it's not so clear.

    There was Get-lanchester too.
    Prices and rifles here .

    https://www.getlanchester.com/

    https://www.getlanchester.com/contact

    For more information contact:



    J S M Edmiston | Director

    james.edmiston@btinternet.com

    +44 (0) 771 308 8448



    G E Trim | Director

    graham@get-designs.uk

    +44 (0) 779 280 9516
    Last edited by bighit; 21-01-2022 at 07:42 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    667
    Their bull pup looks interesting. It’s a shame, I always like unusual airgun designs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •