Thread: Back into the hobby

Back into the hobby

Hi everyone

I am getting back into the hobby after 8 years or so and decided to take the S400 out of the case and give it a once over together with the rest of the kit.

The hand pump was looking a little worst for wear and so bought the new Hill mk5 pump and that is working a treat.

Ran the S400 over the chrono and is running at 10.4 ftlbs with AA fields. Considering I have had the rifle nearly 20 years and never done a service I have ordered and received the seal kit and a couple new springs etc.

Does anyone have or know of a S400 strip and service guide? I have sent a request to join the Air Arms group but waiting on the activation email.

Having a look around the area (moved here a few years ago) I have decided that I am going to pop down to the Glevum club near Gloucester and introduce myself. They look like a professional and popular club to do some target shooting and I may get into HFT after getting back into the swing of things. Would be nice to find a local rat/pigeon shoot too as I miss that from years ago.

So that's me and I am looking forward to going through the many many threads here!

Welcome to the Forum, ‘Fifty’, and that’s good that you’re returning to a hobby that you’ve previously enjoyed and good luck with your visit to the Airgun Club and whatever develops.

There’s a wealth of experience and information available through the different sections of the Forum which I’m certain you’ll find of interest.

In addition, there’s a great bunch of folk, enthusiasts, collectors, tuners and characters who are extremely helpful in assisting with any queries you may have. You’ll find the ‘Non-airgun’ section informative and sometimes entertaining as there is such a vast range of topics, from serious to comedic, and you may find yourself in a position to assist others with your knowledge and experience.

Once you’ve made the required minimum number of posts, five, I believe, you’ll gain access to the sales etc section which gives you opportunities to buy and sell a range of stuff.

Good Shooting and enjoyment,
    A’ the Best,
    Graeme

welcome to a great forum bud

Thanks for the welcome both!