Thread: Leupold 50ft Focus Adapter

Leupold 50ft Focus Adapter

Anybody know the spec of the Leupold 50ft Focus Adapter ?
    The leupold version wont fit my scope so i was thinking about mounting one in a butler creek flip up but it too big so im wondering if i can get a smaller lens with the same spec

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    It's a fairly specialsed item with a very long focal length. When looking though one no magnification is discernable - they appear to be plain glass, but aren't.

I tried finding an equivalent before, it's simply cheaper to get the Leupy cfa and fit it to a Butler Creek/ flip up of choice.

Jerry

I have one already and can switch it between my 50mm Leupold's but i need a smaller version for another scope with smaller objective.

Rich in swefta I think did some work on this. From memory Jerry is correct, the focal length is very long and the diopter very low, so low that I think Rich was told it can’t be made using kit for opticians in the uk. There was a thread somewhere about it probably a decade ago or longer.

So I think it’s unlikely you’ll find a replacement with a smaller diameter. But it still should work on a smaller scope, but are close focus adapters for trail cameras, I don’t know what spec they are but there’s a few to choose from.

Can the smaller scope not be reparallaxed?

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    So I think it’s unlikely you’ll find a replacement with a smaller diameter. But it still should work on a smaller scope, but are close focus adapters for trail cameras, I don’t know what spec they are but there’s a few to choose from.

Can the smaller scope not be reparallaxed?
    Aye i have searched myself and it doesn't seem easy.
    Scope could be reparallaxed but the rifle and scope are set up well at the minute, a butler creek with a lens in it would just have been an easy fix to shoot the summer league light weight sporting rifle.