Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Norica Air Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    But then theres the barrel bolt, that does not keep the barrels forks tight. And the flimsy cocking linkage and the useless spring guides...
    I didn't realise there was an issue with the barrel bolt, evert. The one on the one that I had was that tight it wasn't going anywhere and as I didn't deem it absolutely necessary to remove the barrel, I left it in situ. Although the cocking linkage did, indeed, appear relatively flimsy, the cocking effort on this 12ft.lb rifle was so effortless that I guessed it wouldn't ever cause an issue. And I liked the little "L" synthetic slider that they build into it.
    Point accepted on the spring guide. A really sloppy fit and very little support. But things were fine and very refined once treated to WW guide and top hat.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    So what's the best one - the Marvic 2 ?
    Well that is the one I have just ordered. Only 2 more left if you want one for yourself!

At the price they are at it seemed rude to talk myself out of buying one. You lot are very bad influences

I will see what it is like and see what it is capable of. I wonder if I could get a score over 40 on an HFT course using one???

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    I have a Marvic Gold it's a well made gun and accurate despite the long trigger pull.At the discounted prices I'd say they are an absolute bargain!
    Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    So what's the best one - the Marvic 2 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Well that is the one I have just ordered. Only 2 more left if you want one for yourself!

At the price they are at it seemed rude to talk myself out of buying one. You lot are very bad influences

I will see what it is like and see what it is capable of. I wonder if I could get a score over 40 on an HFT course using one???

Rich.
    Be interested to see what you make of it, Rich.

mrto's experience sounds positive and I wonder if Mr PCPShooter takes a punt?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I will put a thread in the reviews section when I get my grubby mitts on it

I think it is designed to run at higher power than our limit so I await with interest to find out what the firing cycle is like.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I've only just seen the prices posted

If one is still around on payday I'm not sure I'll be able to resist...
    Good deals with these members

TEMPTING though it is - who doesn't like a bargain eh .......

I reckon the 22s, the Dream Hunter and Dragon would be a good basic pest rifle, also Chambers actually have spares listed for these .
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

In addition to the manufacturers one year warranty,
    Pellpax offer a FREE LIFETIME repair service that covers all gunsmith labour costs. Shipping & parts are excluded.
    HW 77K .22,Gammo Hornet .22 BSA 3-9 x 50 Night light ,HW 40 .177,Gamo Maxxim Elite .22 multi shot, Beeman P17 .177 red dot sight ,SMK CP2 co2 with Hawk 3-9 x 50.Slingshots PPMG+TTF PPMG mk 2 ott PPMG ott Original custom made solid Bronze, Number 15 of 20

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I didn't realise there was an issue with the barrel bolt, evert. The one on the one that I had was that tight it wasn't going anywhere and as I didn't deem it absolutely necessary to remove the barrel, I left it in situ. Although the cocking linkage did, indeed, appear relatively flimsy, the cocking effort on this 12ft.lb rifle was so effortless that I guessed it wouldn't ever cause an issue. And I liked the little "L" synthetic slider that they build into it.
    Point accepted on the spring guide. A really sloppy fit and very little support. But things were fine and very refined once treated to WW guide and top hat.
    The barrel bolt does not squeeze the forks together, it just holds the barrel block against one of the sides.
    Another point against Gamo is that they have soon replaced every part on the guns they sell with plastic.
    Plastic barrel blocks, plastic barrel forks, plastic transfer port....
    Too many airguns!

HI everybody

This is my personal opinion. Im the owner of: Marvic gold (3 units, one with silencer and short barrel .177 for FT competition, in .22 (x1) and .177(x2)), one dream Hunter in .22, one dragon in .25 with self-made wood stock, one Deadeye .177, one old Norica 61-c (1973) .177, one Hawk .177 tuned to FT competition, one Thor GRS in .177. I owned previously : quick .177, dragon .25(x1), dragon .177 (x2. One of them I change trigger for a SAT gamo trigger), Dream Rider .177...and I think i forget some more.

Whit this history behind, here are my opinions:

1.- Best made of all Spanish springers: made to last. Wood stocks are very well finished and polymer stocks have a good % of glass fiber, nice to touch.
    2.- Models like Marvic, Hawk, Storm has very good trigger (model 745). It is totally adjustable (you can control all travels and effort) and with a little work, good enough to compete in FT.
    3.- Model Dream Hunter: ver accurate underlever springer. Very safe for your fingers. Heavier than the rest of the models. Problem: has the non-adjustable and direct 515 trigger.
    4.- Rest of high power models: dragon, spider, dream rider....all have the same problem, the direct trigger 515.
    5.- I have converted almost all the models to GRS gasram. But always I have enlightened the pistons with a radial saw, sanding it and reducing its weight.
    6.- All the 515 direct triggers have been sanded and polished (up to look chromed ) Besides piston face where trigger cocks, is sanded, rounded lightly and polished. After that direct trigger is better and you can shoot accurately up to 60 yards for hunting or plinking.
    7.- In almost all, I polished the breech and sometimes I made it bigger (0'2mm deeper) in order to introduce completely longer pellets.

Job number 6: You need 5 minutes you don't have to disassemble the trigger to do it.
    Job number 7: another 5 minutes, you don't need to disassemble anything.
    Job number 2: you can disassemble the trigger without disassembling the trigger cassette from the action. For changing pushing blade force, you need to change one spring ver accessible without disassembling anything else but the stock.

If you buy a Norica model with 515 trigger (all models at sale in that link) you get a good airgun and adding 10' of work, you get a very good gun for plinking and hunting.
    Do not hesitate to ask me about the above-mentioned improvements.
    Greetings!
    Dragon .25 tuned: GRS and other improvements, gets real 18ft-lbs. Very accurate, Trigger 515 soft, maybe too soft& little bit dangerous. I have to sand it again in reverse mode.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lqQ...ew?usp=sharing

Polished breech:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxy...gmQq0z-yYnmQCA

Dream hunter underlever tuned up with GRS and other improvements, 16.5ft-lbs in .22 caliber

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxy...GaOXgWgTMm0SSA
    Last edited by kijoseki; 27-01-2022 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Triying to watch the images..at least as a link

Interesting stuff. I am hoping the Marvic 2.0 I have ordered has the better trigger

Interesting stuff. I am hoping the Marvic 2.0 I have ordered has the better trigger
    Keep calm: i has the good adjustable trigger. When arrives look for two tiny screws in the blade: one nearest the blade is for adjusting “dead travel”. Second is to adjust moment of shot. You can handle better wothout stock. The big screw is for adjusting trigger force: inside there are what it looks one spring: actually there are two, one stronger inside visible one.Take inner spring out and onserr again the visible spring. After that you can adjust better trigger force.
    Greetings!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    tempted as I am at those prices, I'll wait for the ZRS version
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Arriving Friday evening

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    The barrel bolt does not squeeze the forks together, it just holds the barrel block against one of the sides.
    Another point against Gamo is that they have soon replaced every part on the guns they sell with plastic.
    Plastic barrel blocks, plastic barrel forks, plastic transfer port....
    Thank you. I didn't realise the set-up of the breech bolt arrangement.

I am also not so keen on that later design with the use of so much synthetic material. Whether it actually is cause for concern I really don't know (although metal to metal contact could be viewed as a positive feature), but I much prefer the more traditional steel breech arrangement.

Arriving Friday evening
    Yay! You looking forward to it?