Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Norica Air Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by kijoseki View Post
    HI everybody

This is my personal opinion. Im the owner of: Marvic gold (3 units, one with silencer and short barrel .177 for FT competition, in .22 (x1) and .177(x2)), one dream Hunter in .22, one dragon in .25 with self-made wood stock, one Deadeye .177, one old Norica 61-c (1973) .177, one Hawk .177 tuned to FT competition, one Thor GRS in .177. I owned previously : quick .177, dragon .25(x1), dragon .177 (x2. One of them I change trigger for a SAT gamo trigger), Dream Rider .177...and I think i forget some more.

Whit this history behind, here are my opinions:

1.- Best made of all Spanish springers: made to last. Wood stocks are very well finished and polymer stocks has a good % of glass fiber, nice to touch.
    2.- Models like Marvic, Hawk, Storm has very good trigger (model 745). It is totally adjustable (you can control all travels and effort) and with a little work, good enough to compete in FT.
    3.- Model Dream Hunter: ver accurate underlever springer. Very safe for your fingers. Heavier then the rest of models. Problem: has the non adjustable and direct 515 trigger.
    4.- Rest of high power models: dragon, spider, dream rider....all have the same problem, the direct trigger 515.
    5.- I have converted almost all the models to GRS gasram. But always I have enlightened the pistons with a radial saw, sanding it and reducing its weight.
    6.- All the 515 direct triggers have been sanded and polished (up to look chromed ) Besides piston face where trigger cocks, is sanded, rounded lightly and polished. After that direct trigger is better and you can shoot accurately up to 60 yards for hunting or plinking.
    7.- In almost all, I polished the breech and sometimes I made it bigger (0'2mm deeper) in order to introduce completely longer pellets.

Job number 6: You need 5 minutes you don't have to disassemble the trigger to do it.
    Job number 7: another 5 minutes, you don't need to disassemble anything.
    Job number 2: you can disassemble the trigger without disassembling the trigger cassette from the action. For changing pushing blade force, you need to change one spring ver accessible without disassembling anything else but the stock.

If you buy a Norica model with 515 trigger (all models at sale in that link) you get a good airgun and adding 10' of work, you get a very good gun for plinking and hunting.
    Do not hesitate to ask me about the above-mentioned improvements.
    Greetings!
    Dragon .25 tuned: GRS and other improvements, gets real 18ft-lbs. Very accurate, Trigger 515 soft, maybe too soft& little bit dangerous. I have to sand it again in reverse mode.

Polished breech:

Dram hunter tuned up with GRS adn other improvements, 16.5ft-lbs in .22 caliber
    Keep calm: i has the good adjustable trigger. When arrives look for two tiny screws in the blade: one nearest the blade is for adjusting “dead travel”. Second is to adjust moment of shot. You can handle better wothout stock. The big screw is for adjusting trigger force: inside there are what it looks one spring: actually there are two, one stronger inside visible one.Take inner spring out and onserr again the visible spring. After that you can adjust better trigger force.
    Greetings!
    Excellent input; thank you.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yay! You looking forward to it?
    Maybe just a little
    It's a slightly early 50th bday present to myself LOL
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

I have just updated the links to the pictures.
    Bye!

I did notice some more models of Norica rifles have appeared at pellpax as well as the Marvic 2 showing back in stock
    Temptation got the better of me, mainly I'm hoping the Marvic will shoot rws 177 pellets well as have a few tins from when vandeburgers in bexhill closed down ....
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Maybe just a little
    It's a slightly early 50th bday present to myself LOL
    Excellent.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    I did notice some more models of Norica rifles have appeared at pellpax as well as the Marvic 2 showing back in stock
    Temptation got the better of me, mainly I'm hoping the Marvic will shoot rws 177 pellets well as have a few tins from when vandeburgers in bexhill closed down ....
    Haha; wondered how long you could keep resisting.

I have just updated the links to the pictures.
    Bye!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Arriving Friday evening
    Nearly there!

It's here

Early impressions?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Early impressions?
    yeah, come on, he's had 15 mins of daylight to test it and not a word...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

More than that, they are an hour in front of us!
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

C'mon guys it was dark and I was serving up tea to my kids when it came last night

I haven't done much more than oil the external metal work and put a few shots over the chrono so far. Power is good.

No sign of dieseling which surprised me for a new spring rifle. This and the feel of the cocking stroke makes me think it has been assembled pretty dry.

There is quite some twang and buzz on firing but the trigger shows promise. So far I would say it was well worth £105 delivered.

I might be able to get to the club range tomorrow night to try her out properly. When I have done I will put a proper review in the review section.

Sounding quite promising, then.

We'll look forward to your further observations once you've had a proper go with it.

Who's going to be sorting out a job lot of Norica Marvic's one by one then with guides top hats and de burr, re lube - ??????????
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34