Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Norica Air Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Who's going to be sorting out a job lot of Norica Marvic's one by one then with guides top hats and de burr, re lube - ??????????
    Back in the day, when the model was called "Jet", they needed new springs and piston seals.
    The original springs took a serious set quite fast, and the piston washer material was not good.
    I've worked on three of them, and the two with functional comp tubes became quite good with new guides, Maccari spring and HW95 piston seal.

But they probably use better seals and springs now?
    Too many airguns!

Who's going to be sorting out a job lot of Norica Marvic's one by one then with guides top hats and de burr, re lube - ??????????
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Back in the day, when the model was called "Jet", they needed new springs and piston seals.
    The original springs took a serious set quite fast, and the piston washer material was not good.
    I've worked on three of them, and the two with functional comp tubes became quite good with new guides, Maccari spring and HW95 piston seal.

But they probably use better seals and springs now?
    Re PCPShooter's question, I'd have guessed at a contest between Tinners and Welsh Willy?

Now reading evert's very useful post. It would be nice if those items were now of higher quality to start with. If not, WW already uses Titan springs and Tinners could maybe re-purpose a spring for another make / model, if needs be.

Very handy that a 95 seal can be used. Did it fit straight on or did you have to make an adaptor / boss?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Re PCPShooter's question, I'd have guessed at a contest between Tinners and Welsh Willy?

Now reading evert's very useful post. It would be nice if those items were now of higher quality to start with. If not, WW already uses Titan springs and Tinners could maybe re-purpose a spring for another make / model, if needs be.

Very handy that a 95 seal can be used. Did it fit straight on or did you have to make an adaptor / boss?
    You have to make an adapter. The original Norica seal is mounted on a special screw.
    The australian seal guy makes both a replacement Norica style seal and and adapter to mount the 26mm HW seals.
    Too many airguns!

Cheers, evert.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I had a short open sight session last night and am hoping to have a scoped session this week. When that is done I will post up my review/findings.
    I will say so far the firing cycle seems smoother with lighter pellets and worse with heavy (not especially surprising).
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

PS if anyone else ordered a Marvic 2.0 please let me know if yours came with an owner's manual or any other documents. Mine did not and a very short email from Pellpax indicates they cannot help/provide one
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    PS if anyone else ordered a Marvic 2.0 please let me know if yours came with an owner's manual or any other documents. Mine did not and a very short email from Pellpax indicates they cannot help/provide one
    Rich
    You can download their manuals here:

https://noricaairguns.com/manuals/
    Too many airguns!

For several years Norica mounts springs made with German steel. About seals: they have two different seals: a white one for spring and a blue one for GRS. The white one is thicker so you can get 1J more if you change it for the blue one.

I took off the heavy steel top hat and insert instead: (from bottom of the piston ) a 5mm medium rubber, two brushed washers, and the spring. On the other side: you have a metal washer, plastic guide and spring. You can insert like this: metal washer, plastic guide, thin rubber, two thin brushed washers, and the spring. OF course, brush both ends of the spring.
    With this, you get a "dry" shot: no twangs, no oscillations, better consistency, and longer life for the spring.

Hope this help you.

I had a short open sight session last night and am hoping to have a scoped session this week. When that is done I will post up my review/findings.
    I will say so far the firing cycle seems smoother with lighter pellets and worse with heavy (not especially surprising).
    Rich.
    Excellent stuff; will look forward to your later findings.

Marvic 2

Well made, nicely (but basically finished), nice balance weight / (not over heavy)
    Trigger seems decent - not great, not bad.
    Graunchy, twangy, over long trigger reach, can't get pellet seated without skirt squashing.

So, will require throat opening slightly, and custom guides / top hat, probably re spring / re seal I'd think. Barrel looks OK, easy to re crown if that's required I guess.

A decent buy at pellpax discount price, streets behind my out of box Cometa, a third the price though .......

Oh and nice fibre open sights, very good - !
    Last edited by PCPShooter; 05-02-2022 at 10:25 AM.
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Marvic 2

Well made, nicely (but basically finished), nice balance weight / (not over heavy)
    Graunchy, twangy, over long trigger reach, can't get pellet seated without skirt squashing.

So, will require throat opening slightly, and custom guides / top hat, probably re spring / re seal I'd think. Barrel looks OK, easy to re crown if that's required I guess.

A decent buy at pellpax discount price, streets behind my out of box Cometa, a third the price though .......

Did you get a manual/paperwork with yours?
    Rich.

Marvic 2

Cheers for these initial impressions.

Did you get a manual/paperwork with yours?
    Rich.
    Yep manual, nothing else(no receipt with rifle just my email order confirmation at the time and tracking link etc)

Yep manual, nothing else(no receipt with rifle just my email order confirmation at the time and tracking link etc)
    Cheers.

What pellets have you tried? Mine let's them seat well. I have tried RWS Superfield, AA field and some flat heads. I hope to get to the range tonight to try JSB exact next.
    Rich.

I haven't had time
    I will check barrel OK though - it will probably need shorter pellets FTT etc, maybe jsb lights will be 'pushable in a bel' - a super dome skirt pokes out and gets squished when barrel closed (I re opened to check before firing)

Then I'll probably end up getting it sorted ........the amount of twang would drive me a bit doo lally

Already have seal coming from Oz, so may be a while ! ...