Thread: cylinder test

cylinder test

Evening

If you bought an old airgun like an AA S300 where would you go to get the cylinder tested?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by egghead View Post
    Evening

If you bought an old airgun like an AA S300 where would you go to get the cylinder tested?

Thanks
    If you mean the gun cylinder there's no need for a test but I would advise an old gun is serviced and a visual inspection of the cylinder is done. Signs of corrosion, even the slightest and I would replace the cylinder.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    If you mean the gun cylinder there's no need for a test but I would advise an old gun is serviced and a visual inspection of the cylinder is done. Signs of corrosion, even the slightest and I would replace the cylinder.
    Like this member says ---check for deep rust dents and look at the filler end and the thread end were valve housing is look for bulges this is where they go when over filled if the outside is ok there is a good chance it will be ok other than a strip down to look inside if the gun has being look after it will last

cylinder

Thank you