Thread: Ataman AP16 silencer threads, what are they?

Ataman AP16 silencer threads, what are they?

Also posted in General but maybe better chance of info from here?
    Question please:
    I have been asked to make a silencer adapter for the Ataman AP16 pistol but have no real information to work on other than a photo of the dedicated AP16 silencer and a commercial adapter which is out of stock and extremely expensive.
    Does anyone know the thread size on the pistol muzzle? Crude measurements from the photo suggest it is not metric and could well be 1/2", maybe UNF from crude measurements or maybe it is M12 x 1.25 (M12fine?). Before committing I would dearly like to know the thread size of the muzzle or the little plug that goes into the muzzle. The other end of the adapter is no problem ... commercial ones are 1/2" UNF.

Can anyone help?
    Thanks, cheers,
    Phil

Following examination of photos I now think the thread could be 1/2" x 24 tpi or 1/2" x 26 tpi. Maybe more likely 24tpi.

Can anyone confirm?

Cheers, Phil

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    According to the 'DonnyFl' website it is 1/2" x 20.

HTH.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    According to the 'DonnyFl' website it is 1/2" x 20.

HTH.

Roy.
    It would be great if you were correct but: the commercial adapter is double ended, one end into the pistol, the other for a 'standard' silencer. This standard silencer thread is 1/2" UNF, as stated in the adverts for the silencer. The pistol end is, I am virtually certain, not !/2" UNF. Careful measurements of photos of an AP16 silencer and the muzzle end plug indicates that the thread pitch is less than 20tpi and close (or equal) to 24 tpi. 26 tpi seems just a tad too much.

I would like some confirmation of the thread before I embark on a 'making spree'. If anyone has the AP16, maybe they could confirm that a 1/2" UNF male thread does not screw into the pistol muzzle? If this is so then that would eliminate the 20tpi.

Thanks for your interest.
    Cheers, Phil

You are correct.
    Cant help you any more than that Phil.
    I would hazard 12mm x 1 though for the muzzle end!

Cheers.

Roy.
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

You are correct.
    Cant help you any more than that Phil.
    I would hazard 12mm x 1 though for the muzzle end!

Cheers.

Roy.
    Thanks. Yes, 12 x 1 was my initial thought but the od is more than 12mm and from a picture is 1/2" with threads closer than UNF20.

I hope to get the 'end plug' in the near future so should be able to find out for myself. Just that I hoped to make a prototype before then. Being gracefully retired it keeps me out of mischief.

Cheers, Phil

I asked Krale and they tell me it is M13 x 1

Hmmm.... pretty sure I don't have that size.... more thought needed. Maybe I need to teach myself thread cutting on a lathe....
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    I asked Krale and they tell me it is M13 x 1

Hmmm.... pretty sure I don't have that size.... more thought needed. Maybe I need to teach myself thread cutting on a lathe....
    Cheers, Phil
    m13 x 1 die on the bay for £10 posted, from China mind!, jobs a good 'un.

Thread cutting isn't too hard when you have a practice on some scrap round bar!

Cheers.

Roy.

m13 x 1 die on the bay for £10 posted, from China mind!, jobs a good 'un.

Thread cutting isn't too hard when you have a practice on some scrap round bar!

Cheers.

Roy.
    I guess you are right ... now where did I put the instructions...

Cheers, Phil