Thread: Sweet shooting 77k ‘recipe‘?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It is very difficult to bog up the 25mm HW77.

I did try a Mk.3 TX200 mainspring in mine with 32mm of preload, which gave 10.9 ft. lb. and a very refined recoil cycle with 7.9gn pellets.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    It's pretty hard to get a bad shooting 25mm 77, so I'm worried the sealing is suspect...
    You need to fix it before you tune it...
    Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    Yup

Maybe that 3.2mm spring is too stiff - worth trying something softer, if you are sure the seal is OK.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I did try a Mk.3 TX200 mainspring in mine with 32mm of preload, which gave 10.9 ft. lb. and a very refined recoil cycle with 7.9gn pellets.

Thanks, if my description of the seal fit isn’t causing raised eyebrows I guess I’m looking at the spring again, I know Titans can be a bit on the stiff side and that shortening it will only make it comparatively stiffer, so looking for a softer spring may be at least part of the answer.

Excellent tips from JB, as ever.

And this is the spring that I'm most curious to try (and have big expectations of) when next fettling a suitable recipient.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!