Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sweet shooting 77k ‘recipe‘?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    looks loverly - but i'd chrono it sooner rather than later....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Will be doing so, i’ll hopefully get some more lead through it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Running smoothly and without any puffs of smoke now, managed to rig the Combro onto it.

Yeeeeahh, better pull the spring and trim it a bit.....

As predicted earlier in the thread it was running a little bit hot....., 2 1/2 coils later and once flattened it is running 11.2 - 11.3ftlbs. With a quick action and reduced cocking effort. The base of the spring guide is just slightly proud of the main cylinder threads.

Need to get some more lead through it and let it settle down but first impressions are good.

I'm going to go retro with the glass on this one, the CS stock has a really high comb meaning the 2 - 7x 32 Bushmaster I was going to use is mounted comically high. The 3 - 9 X 56 Zeiller is a bit of a beast but fits the mounts perfectly and gives the '80's Airgun combo' vibe without being silly heavy, I've got a 56mm Vomz if I want to go heavier....

Quote Originally Posted by lightning22 View Post
    As predicted earlier in the thread it was running a little bit hot....., 2 1/2 coils later and once flattened it is running 11.2 - 11.3ftlbs. With a quick action and reduced cocking effort. The base of the spring guide is just slightly proud of the main cylinder threads.

Need to get some more lead through it and let it settle down but first impressions are good.

I'm going to go retro with the glass on this one, the CS stock has a really high comb meaning the 2 - 7x 32 Bushmaster I was going to use is mounted comically high. The 3 - 9 X 56 Zeiller is a bit of a beast but fits the mounts perfectly and gives the '80's Airgun combo' vibe without being silly heavy, I've got a 56mm Vomz if I want to go heavier....
    Or buy some low sports match mounts you tight sod lol

I do have a 2 piece set of period sports match mounts with slotted screws on the clamps but they are medium and only for sale to people with deep pockets

I jest but not really
    Hw77+7

Running smoothly and without any puffs of smoke now, managed to rig the Combro onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    Or buy some low sports match mounts you tight sod lol

I do have a 2 piece set of period sports match mounts with slotted screws on the clamps but they are medium and only for sale to people with deep pockets

I jest but not really
    I’ve got low and medium mounts, but can’t get my eye low enough to see through a scope mounted in them.

But yeah, you can take the lad out of Yorkshire.. ;-)

Yep, I also thought it might be a tad "over playful" looking at the build spec. Great that you checked and power now reduced and resulting in that lower cocking effort and, no doubt, sweeter firing cycle. Nice one.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!