Thread: Airguns as historical symbols

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    I must admit I find the plethora of Nazi era memorabilia at fairs like Kempton unpleasant. Each to his own I guess but I can’t imagine even wanting anything with overtly nazi markings
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    It is kind of grotesque, why would you want that stuff in your home? A French friend of mine said that her grandmother's house in Alsace-Lorraine had been commandeered by SS officers and that they had left behind a large serving spoon with the SS skull etc markings on it. Apparently the spoon had been her mum's kitchen drawer ever since and was used for cooking and at mealtimes. I got her to give it to the local museum, imagine having your dinner dished up using something from a murdeous nihilistic cult! Bad karma.
    Agreed.

This is a weird historical artefact: a Falke 70 with Nazi markings! The problem with it (apart from the swastika) is that the rifle wasn’t produced until the Nazis were long gone! Probably created by a pro-Nazi fanatic in the 1950s or 1960s…

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....-70/#post-5347
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Last edited by 45flint; 23-01-2022 at 07:40 PM.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Ah, yes, the Brownshirt Plinking rifle. When British chaps were enjoying a bit of bell-target and half-pints of mild and bitter at the local pub range, and American kids were hunting bullfrogs in the swamp with Daisy BB guns, the SA were preparing for conflict and their evil programme.

The vendors are keen to state NAZI ERA on some of the guns like the Lugers.

I wonder what the value of a 'Nazi' Luger would be if it had the Nazi markings on it, then it was taken by the Soviets and stamped with the Communist stamps and given to a policeman or whatever, then sold to the US collectors as the Moscow police turn over their stocks. Would the 'Nazi' Luger fans still consider it a 'Nazi' pistol or a horrible Commie Red device?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    This is a weird historical artefact: a Falke 70 with Nazi markings! The problem with it (apart from the swastika) is that the rifle wasn’t produced until the Nazis were long gone! Probably created by a pro-Nazi fanatic in the 1950s or 1960s…

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....-70/#post-5347
    I have checked that particular verstion of the swastika and the diamond shaped background the swastika is on was a symbol of the Hitler Youth, it looks like the Hitler Youth badge.

Some people's nostalgia is wholly misguided. Or perhaps someone was trying to up the little Falke's value by Nazifying it, although in Germany I think it is an offence to use that symbol.