Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airguns as historical symbols

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    One beswastiked or besickled item might be a ghoulish novelty, but you start filling the collection with stuff like that and you're edging into fandom.
    Yes, you could end up like Father Fitzpatrick ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq8RnAfCFwk

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Yes, you could end up like Father Fitzpatrick ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq8RnAfCFwk
    Hoping someone would find that. “I hear you’re a racist now, father?”

That Utube was worth this whole post! Lol

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Did make me chuckle...

Am somewhat reminded of the story about a man drinking in a dive bar in the US. A tattooed punky looking guy comes up to the bar and tries to order a drink, the Bartender instantly orders him to GTFO and comes round the other side of the jump to manhandle him out of the door.
    After a while the man asks the barman what that was all about, the guy didn't seem to be causing any trouble?
    Bartender replies "You probably didn't see it but he had Nazi tattoos. Trouble is if you let one guy in like that, pretty soon he brings a friend, and then another friend, and then one day you turn around and your bar is full of Nazis and you're not a dive bar anymore, you're a Nazi bar. You have to nip it in the bud early, zero tolerance."
    Good deals with these members

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Wherever you draw the line nazi emblems are on the wrong side if it if you ask me. I feel the same way about Stalin and WW2 era Japan

German ww2 war materiel, ok. But Once it’s got a swastika, SS runes, or what have you, absolutely not.

That’s my two cents anyway. No one has to agree, we don’t live in a dictatorship
    But Jerry, It's long been establised that in Russia especally, the "normal" Heer / armoured troops were complicit in all sorts of mass murder, and it's well documented how they tried to hide it and change history;

"General Franz Halder, OKH chief of staff between 1938 and 1942, played a key role in creating the myth of the clean Wehrmacht.The genesis for the myth was the "Generals' Memorandum" created in November 1945 and submitted to the Nuremberg trials."

It's all out there, so how can you pick or choose, especially with personal kit, a lot of which was universal use and unmarked, so that K98 bayonet could easily be unused Volkstum or Dirlwanger Brigade in origin......

ATB, Ed

I find it hard to comprehend that the collector of British WW1 war bonds or pre ww2 scout parafinalia can be determined to be a Nazi lover. The Fylfot was in fairly common use over here before WW2

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    But Jerry, It's long been establised that in Russia especally, the "normal" Heer / armoured troops were complicit in all sorts of mass murder, and it's well documented how they tried to hide it and change history;

"General Franz Halder, OKH chief of staff between 1938 and 1942, played a key role in creating the myth of the clean Wehrmacht.The genesis for the myth was the "Generals' Memorandum" created in November 1945 and submitted to the Nuremberg trials."

It's all out there, so how can you pick or choose, especially with personal kit, a lot of which was universal use and unmarked, so that K98 bayonet could easily be unused Volkstum or Dirlwanger Brigade in origin......

ATB, Ed
    True. Frankly I’d be a little bit wary of someone exclusively collecting Wehrmacht stuff, but it’s not beyond the pale. I guess the difference is only bits of the Wehrmacht were evil, whereas the whole of the Nazi party/SS were.

Also I’ve got a dsm 34 and I like it so I need to rationalise that !
    Morally flawed