Thread: Valuation please: Webley Nemesis pistol?

Valuation please: Webley Nemesis pistol?

What does the Webley Nemesis .177 pistol, with shoulder stock, go for these days? Condition 9/10; no box or papers.

I would suggest £160 posted within the UK.

I too would estimate somewhere around £150 as being realistic for the Nemesis.

Brian

Thanks boys. I had hoped as high as £180. £150, then gets to the stage why sell???
    Think I'll have some shooting with it first.

Anyone have a GREEN one they would like to pass on?

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    Anyone have a GREEN one they would like to pass on?
    I ve never seen any of the coloured ones, however I did tip off a member on here, about a gold one I saw for sale.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Depends which Webley Nemesis you're talking about...

The older pneumatic version.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I would have thought the aim brace would actually devalue the pistol itself for collectors as from memory didn't the grips have to be drilled to fit it.
    My guess would have been £150 tops and you'd probably have to wait for that...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I would have thought the aim brace would actually devalue the pistol itself for collectors as from memory didn't the grips have to be drilled to fit it.
    My guess would have been £150 tops and you'd probably have to wait for that...
    The aim brace was a direct fit and required no drilling what so ever. I have a few of the nemesis pistols. The standard black the silver the grey and another silver in bits. M
    One of my grandsons uses the black 1 and he loves it.

Yes the shoulder stock brace just requires fitting with the lower grip screws. Its better than that even as its a two piece system with a slide on off bottom grip slide that is attached with lower grip screws. The stock brace just push fits to that when you want to use it. Best of both worlds.

Considering what a nice thing it is and the price of alternatives I think my top figure wouldn't be robbing anyone. I still need a play before deciding. This minute £200 doesn't seem unreasonable.

I think I saw one of these up for about your guesstimate a while back with no takers. Was it yours? Did you get any offers?

For me the pistol and brace unboxed etc would be somewhere around the £100-120 mark. I just don't think it is old, rare or desirable enough to justify a greater price. Others may differ and think it more valuable but I suspect to get more than that you will need to put it in an auction or wait a long time for someone driven by nostalgia to come along.

If it is of greater value to you than the market will offer keep it and enjoy it.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

From what I've seen.these sell for second hand I believe anything above 120 is truly reaching for the stars. Seen countless examples for between 70 and 120. For 150 upwards you.would really have to have one of the coloured ones and not a standard black or silver

Agree with the two posts above. These don’t tend to generate much interest if the price is 3 figures. The sales section history will back that up. With the arm brace (which isn’t necessarily all that desirable) in excellent condition maybe up to £140 for someone who really wanted it.

I have 2 Nemesis’ (.177 & .22) and love them. I still have the one I was bought for my 14th birthday.

At my local range there was an ex-club one in bright green being sold off for peanuts. I assumed that someone had spray painted it so retracted my interest despite the bargain price. I had no idea at the time about the “coloured” models, which explained the suspiciously good paint job it had. Ahh if I’d have only known I’d have snapped it up!

Cheers
    Greg

You may well all be right.
    No I never put this up as I have just inherited it.

Looks like I might just have to keep it

Thanks for the input.