Thread: Airgun cheek risers...

Airgun cheek risers...

Looking into raising the comb on a Prosport stock, is there anyone out there that does this sort of work...
    I've heard about a chap over on the AGF who does this sort of thing & was wondering if anyone here does the same...can't ask on there due to being banned...
    Don't want a sock type riser with inserts or the plastic ones on the web, I want a permanent job with hardware in place...
    Thanks in advance Ian.

Hi Ian
    The gentleman in question is Nobby.

He's also a member on here

His work is first class.
    Rob
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Hi Ian
    The gentleman in question is Nobby.

He's also a member on here

His work is first class.
    Rob
    Thanks Rob...is his alias on here the same as the AGF *Nobby* ?

Cheers Ian

Err, I think you are looking for me.

Something like this? https://i.imgur.com/eJbReka.jpg
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Err, I think you are looking for me.

Something like this? https://i.imgur.com/eJbReka.jpg
    Hiya Rich... would you like to chat via pm or on here.
    Cheers Ian

Stay here for the moment as the PM box allocation on this site isn't all that generous.

The service I offer is inclusive. You send the stock, I mask it up with tape and draw where the cut line would go, in my opinion. I send you a photo, you agree the proposed line or we alter it.

Once it's agreed, I do the work. I make all the bits. The riser pins are stainless, the bushes are either aluminium or brass, your choice.

I make the pins long enough for the extension you are looking for, all the time looking to house them inside the stock in the closed position.

I refinish the cut edges to match as best I can the natural timber. If a perfect colour match is not on then I make the cut edges slightly darker, as the eye expects to see them in shadow.

I take a photo of the finished job and email it to you with my bank details for payment. Once paid, the stock goes to the PO to catch the next PF48 van back to you.

The only snag at the moment is, my workshop is not in full commission since my recent house move, and it will be about 4 weeks before I take on new work.

By all means PM with your thoughts and then we'll take it to email.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Stay here for the moment as the PM box allocation on this site isn't all that generous.

The service I offer is inclusive. You send the stock, I mask it up with tape and draw where the cut line would go, in my opinion. I send you a photo, you agree the proposed line or we alter it.

Once it's agreed, I do the work. I make all the bits. The riser pins are stainless, the bushes are either aluminium or brass, your choice.

I make the pins long enough for the extension you are looking for, all the time looking to house them inside the stock in the closed position.

I refinish the cut edges to match as best I can the natural timber. If a perfect colour match is not on then I make the cut edges slightly darker, as the eye expects to see them in shadow.

I take a photo of the finished job and email it to you with my bank details for payment. Once paid, the stock goes to the PO to catch the next PF48 van back to you.

The only snag at the moment is, my workshop is not in full commission since my recent house move, and it will be about 4 weeks before I take on new work.

By all means PM with your thoughts and then we'll take it to email.
    Smashing... I'll be in the inbox later on and thank you for the comprehensive reply
    Cheers Ian