Thread: Semis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

auto tommy gun

What about automatic air rifles please guys,, I have a few fairground shooting star rifles left to sell that are fully auto, The Tommy Gun ones.
    Is it because they work off a compressor at low psi so dont come under the jurisdiction of air rifles or pistols. Not had any problem selling them as soon as i list one but it would be interesting to know why they are not on the banned list. They certainly pack a punch when the psi is turned up. Really good fun now that protek supplies have the ammo in bulk at 10,000 for £90.00 + Vat. Around a Penny a shot...

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    What about automatic air rifles please guys,, I have a few fairground shooting star rifles left to sell that are fully auto, The Tommy Gun ones.
    Is it because they work off a compressor at low psi so dont come under the jurisdiction of air rifles or pistols. Not had any problem selling them as soon as i list one but it would be interesting to know why they are not on the banned list. They certainly pack a punch when the psi is turned up. Really good fun now that protek supplies have the ammo in bulk at 10,000 for £90.00 + Vat. Around a Penny a shot...
    I know airsoft guns are exempt if under 1.3J for semi-auto and under 2.5J for full auto. What kind of BBs are they shooting?
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    I know airsoft guns are exempt if under 1.3J for semi-auto and under 2.5J for full auto. What kind of BBs are they shooting?
    Standard 4.4 Cal lead ball. Standard gallery gun ammo for the fairground industry i believe so you couldnt take your own 4.5 cal ammo and cheat the stall owners..

I always fancied one of the fair tommy guns, you had to shoot the star out, great fun.

As for Why do we "need" semi auto, we don't.

I ordered one because it was different, I see high end rifles from Air-Arms, Daystate, FX etc. all day long, at that time no one had one of these.

I keep it because it's fun. Ultimately, that is the entire point of owning anything for this sport.
    I can match the accuracy with my Mk4, but I cant load up 10 clips and saw apples in half or challenge myself on the texas star for hitting every target as it spins through.

There are new options for fun shooting when you have semi-auto as an option, but it's a choice and fun to me may not be fun to some others. I'm not about to say It's better than single shot purpose made target rifles or more useful than a S410 in the field. Everyone has their own idea of best and of fun.

So far it is being allowed, and while it's allowed I shall continue to enjoy it

So what do these Tommy guns fetch?

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    So what do these Tommy guns fetch?
    Around £2500 each for a used one. Finding a working one for sale over here is the problem. May as well buy a bust one if you can find one as service kits are available and are very easy to maintain.
    You cannot buy a new one unless you buy the complete setup from shooting star in Coney island NJ, Minimum of 4 rifles with compressor and trailer or they will convert your own trailer, Capable of Around 1200 rounds a minute at 100psi or a whopping $20,000 just for 4 rifles . Tried one with a converted bb hopper and what fun it was and you will need an eye watering amount of lead shot for a few minutes of fun.
    The 4 i sold have all ended up back in the states as it can be hard to get a single one over there, Prices vary greatly in the states. I sold another yesterday because of this thread so only have one minter left now. Cased and with targets. I owned a 12 gun trailer a number of years back that use to be rented out for galas and fetes.
    You can still buy spares and service kits from shooting star.

https://www.shootingwater.com/about.htm
    https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....c-machine-gun/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OiNQ9wYWoI

Around £2500 each for a used one. Finding a working one for sale over here is the problem. May as well buy a bust one if you can find one as service kits are available and are very easy to maintain.
    You cannot buy a new one unless you buy the complete setup from shooting star in Coney island NJ, Minimum of 4 rifles with compressor and trailer or they will convert your own trailer, Capable of Around 1200 rounds a minute at 100psi or a whopping $20,000 just for 4 rifles . Tried one with a converted bb hopper and what fun it was and you will need an eye watering amount of lead shot for a few minutes of fun.
    The 4 i sold have all ended up back in the states as it can be hard to get a single one over there, Prices vary greatly in the states. I sold another yesterday because of this thread so only have one minter left now. Cased and with targets. I owned a 12 gun trailer a number of years back that use to be rented out for galas and fetes.
    You can still buy spares and service kits from shooting star.

https://www.shootingwater.com/about.htm
    https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....c-machine-gun/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OiNQ9wYWoI

Thanks for enlightening about this nice bit of history, i could never find much about them in the past. Seems to be quite an infectious gun to use, i bet the stall hold makes a fair it of dosh at £2.50 a go. Bit pricey for me.