Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Semis

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Buuuuut.....

The Law specifically excludes from licensing 6/12 air guns, so a 6/12 semi auto airgun cannot fall under an S5 licence.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    ...They seemed to think it could be powered up and used for crime...
    Just imagining the film 'Heat', but all the villains are toting rink-gripped match pistols.
    Good deals with these members

It was put to me that semi auto air rifles would be used by gangs intent on purging their inner city territories of rival gangs. This was a reason why they should not be permitted. I mean, how credible is that? Can you imagine signing your own death warrant, pinging some lead pellets out of the side window of your blacked out Beemer, at the bad guys who have much bigger toys?
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It was put to me that semi auto air rifles would be used by gangs intent on purging their inner city territories of rival gangs. This was a reason why they should not be permitted. I mean, how credible is that? Can you imagine signing your own death warrant, pinging some lead pellets out of the side window of your blacked out Beemer, at the bad guys who have much bigger toys?
    I don't know what the going rate is for a semi-automatic pistol on the black market, but I'd guess it's probably a bit less than the RRP of a Steyr Hunting 5...

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Just imagining the film 'Heat', but all the villains are toting rink-gripped match pistols.
    Or Vinnie Jones in Snatch - "....the fact that you have replica written on the side of your guns, and I have Steyr 0.177 on mine....."

Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    What about automatic air rifles please guys,, I have a few fairground shooting star rifles left to sell that are fully auto, The Tommy Gun ones.
    Is it because they work off a compressor at low psi so dont come under the jurisdiction of air rifles or pistols. Not had any problem selling them as soon as i list one but it would be interesting to know why they are not on the banned list. They certainly pack a punch when the psi is turned up. Really good fun now that protek supplies have the ammo in bulk at 10,000 for £90.00 + Vat. Around a Penny a shot...
    So what do these Tommy guns fetch?

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    So what do these Tommy guns fetch?
    Around £2500 each for a used one. Finding a working one for sale over here is the problem. May as well buy a bust one if you can find one as service kits are available and are very easy to maintain.
    You cannot buy a new one unless you buy the complete setup from shooting star in Coney island NJ, Minimum of 4 rifles with compressor and trailer or they will convert your own trailer, Capable of Around 1200 rounds a minute at 100psi or a whopping $20,000 just for 4 rifles . Tried one with a converted bb hopper and what fun it was and you will need an eye watering amount of lead shot for a few minutes of fun.
    The 4 i sold have all ended up back in the states as it can be hard to get a single one over there, Prices vary greatly in the states. I sold another yesterday because of this thread so only have one minter left now. Cased and with targets. I owned a 12 gun trailer a number of years back that use to be rented out for galas and fetes.
    You can still buy spares and service kits from shooting star.

https://www.shootingwater.com/about.htm
    https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....c-machine-gun/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OiNQ9wYWoI

Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    Or Vinnie Jones in Snatch - "....the fact that you have replica written on the side of your guns, and I have Steyr 0.177 on mine....."
    "Feinwerkbau Sixty-Five, when you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherlover in the room. Accept no substitutes.."

Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    Around £2500 each for a used one. Finding a working one for sale over here is the problem. May as well buy a bust one if you can find one as service kits are available and are very easy to maintain.
    You cannot buy a new one unless you buy the complete setup from shooting star in Coney island NJ, Minimum of 4 rifles with compressor and trailer or they will convert your own trailer, Capable of Around 1200 rounds a minute at 100psi or a whopping $20,000 just for 4 rifles . Tried one with a converted bb hopper and what fun it was and you will need an eye watering amount of lead shot for a few minutes of fun.
    The 4 i sold have all ended up back in the states as it can be hard to get a single one over there, Prices vary greatly in the states. I sold another yesterday because of this thread so only have one minter left now. Cased and with targets. I owned a 12 gun trailer a number of years back that use to be rented out for galas and fetes.
    You can still buy spares and service kits from shooting star.

https://www.shootingwater.com/about.htm
    https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....c-machine-gun/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OiNQ9wYWoI

Thanks for enlightening about this nice bit of history, i could never find much about them in the past. Seems to be quite an infectious gun to use, i bet the stall hold makes a fair it of dosh at £2.50 a go. Bit pricey for me.