Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hw 25mm seals - which is current best???

The Oz red wear well and shoot nice, as others have commented sometimes ‘generous’ in size as supplied.
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    agree on the LGV seal, but I think that helps it shoot softer. And with a 6x3.5mm 77 port, a bit of lost volume isn't really an issue

Anyways, when was the last time you didn't just use an o-ring ?
    Last week : X ring !!lol.
    Just one example and not at all scientific I recently purchased an Lgv doing 10.5 on the standard port spring and seal, seal was a nice easy push fit, I have a spare piston so converted to o ring with an ally nose at the same stroke, lubed with moly , back together with the same preload , and 11.2 , same shot feel, just saying .

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    Blinking hell uncle Mick, now you tell me I'm sort of sure at one stage you rated them though

A bit of a task trying to find the thread but one will endure

All the best

John
    Hi John.

I've never got my head round fitting a piston seal that introduces lost volume in the system.

I posted one LGV seal to Wonky Donky when he appealed for one on here to play with and he rated them that much he fitted them for a while.
    I don't know if Dave went off them as the last one of his tuned guns I saw the guts of had a red seal fitted which could have been an Australian one.

When I fitted an LGV piston into my MK2 TX I used the Walther piston seal and found its power was right down, so I ended up fitting a Weihrauch seal which took it over even with its shorter than stock TX stroke.

Like a prat I fitted that LGV seal into my Webley Hawk MK2 as I didn't have a spare 25mm Weihrauch one --- this made a nice firing cycle into a horrible one.

So no John, I've never rated them.

All the best Mick

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Last week : X ring !!lol.
    Just one example and not at all scientific I recently purchased an Lgv doing 10.5 on the standard port spring and seal, seal was a nice easy push fit, I have a spare piston so converted to o ring with an ally nose at the same stroke, lubed with moly , back together with the same preload , and 11.2 , same shot feel, just saying .
    ha..

for sure, but the LGV has that huge long port, and it's quite small, so a very cushioned landing. I doubt the 77 would respond in the same way (port volume is what, a third), but it'd be interesting to see
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.