Thread: Hatsan Flashpup

Hatsan Flashpup

Hi , thinking of trying a bullpup , and saw the Hatsan Bullpup on a Reviewers site ,
    But , few ever call carp , carp. because they wouldn't get suppliers to offer products .

So. thought I would ask the knowledgeable BBS , crew if you have any experience of the Flashpup . by Hatsan?

Peace through superior fire power!

These threads from the US may be of interest. I don't know if anything has been changed since the early one.

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=169306.0

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA...topic=194852.0
    Last edited by ballisticboy; 01-01-2022 at 10:53 PM.

I'm in the same boat... thinking of a Flashpup as my entry into PCP's, and probably going to get my LGS to order one for me tomorow.

Mine will be a range queen, or short range ratter, so I'm not planning on bashing it about..!

Daryll

I've owned a hatsan vectis and flash, similar gun as the flash pup. The vectis has a plastic breech whereas the flash was steel. Aslong as the flash pup is steel it will be ok. The vectis was utter rubbish. From memory a lot of images show the flash pup as a side lever where in fact in UK it's a side bolt be careful if ordering blind. The mags work well despite a lot of movement in the breech. Accuracy was acceptable not remarkable and pellet fussy. If you want to tune, the anti tampers are villainous. Would I buy another...no, do I still own one ...no.
    My kral puncher breaker, Artemis p10 pups are far better

Just had a look on mcavoys the breech on the flash pups look steel, the image for the synthetic shows side lever with a note saying its side bolt?? The plastic stock is cheap and the QE shroud is rubbish. My choice would be the non shrouded wood stock at £310 and stick on a silencer

Thanks Peddy... so the non shrouded version with a moderator would be quieter, (or as quiet), than the shrouded version..?

I've always been interested in the synthetic stock version, but it looks like on the wood version, either the barrel is shorter, or the air cylinder is longer, than the synthetic version...??

I've just looked on the Hatsan page.. apparently both barrels are 17.7''..?!? and both have 165cc bottles... strange...

Daryll.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Thanks Peddy... so the non shrouded version with a moderator would be quieter, (or as quiet), than the shrouded version..?

I've always been interested in the synthetic stock version, but it looks like on the wood version, either the barrel is shorter, or the air cylinder is longer, than the synthetic version...??

I've just looked on the Hatsan page.. apparently both barrels are 17.7''..?!? and both have 165cc bottles... strange...

Daryll.
    Yes a decent moderator would be much quiter than the QE shroud. The synthetic is pretty cheap feeling, but it's a cheap gun. I'd go for the the non shrouded wood stock. Shame it's not side lever as it shows on mcavoys.