Thread: Pellet Sizers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    More for very fussy barrels or vintage guns tbh. Or if you think you can outshoot quality factory ammo in a modern barrel and feel you need that extra Edge.
    Other than that the old adage about fishing tackle shops comes to mind - all those fancy gadgets are for catching fishermen, not fish!
    If you put a mike onto "quality factory ammo", you may well be surprised at the variations in dimensions from what it says on the tin. How much those differences make to accuracy, I'll leave to others to speculate.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    If you put a mike onto "quality factory ammo", you may well be surprised at the variations in dimensions from what it says on the tin. How much those differences make to accuracy, I'll leave to others to speculate.
    I've no doubt top flight shooters can reach the point where their group sizes are being held back by weight and gauge inconsistencies, but realistically most of us plebs won't see any tangible benefit in weighing and sizing pellets.

If someone thinks the vital missing link preventing them from reaching the podium is a pellet sizer, then have at it!
    But I'd venture to suggest that for 99% of shooters there are dozens of variables in technique best addressed first.
    Good deals with these members