Thread: putting a smaller scope on my rapid

putting a smaller scope on my rapid

lately my rapid 7 has been feeling a bit heavy so today i took the big swat scope and mounts off and put a small 3-9x50 on it what a difference it makes to the weight of the gun

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    a small 3-9x40 works for me. My Dad had a Konus 3-9x32 (fixed PA, no twiddly knobs or other stuff) and the whole rig was light as a feather.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    a small 3-9x40 works for me. My Dad had a Konus 3-9x32 (fixed PA, no twiddly knobs or other stuff) and the whole rig was light as a feather.
    Today I have just put a Konuspro 3-9-32 AO on my rapid and what a big difference it has made -I had 3-9-50 on it is surprising what weight difference there is in scopes

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    lately my rapid 7 has been feeling a bit heavy so today i took the big swat scope and mounts off and put a small 3-9x50 on it what a difference it makes to the weight of the gun
    If that's small, what was on it ? I call small a 32mm objective
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Personally I don't want a scope with a bigger objective lens than 40mm. I have a bushnell trophy 3-9×40 on my my mk 1 and a simmons 6-18x40 on my mk2. The bushnell is particularly light, love them.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

yes shed tuner makes a big difference to the weight of the gun

i had a big long optisan on it before

garym is offline Outruns Death in his slippers
    The 3-9 X 32 konuspro scopes are excellent for the price.
    I enjoy mine.

Over the last couple of years most of my guns have have had smaller scopes put back on them, I have a couple of sets that were not cheap but are big, Even though the bushnell elite for example is a lovely scope it's back in the box with the rest of them, I've been picking up older smaller scopes over the last year or so and the likes of the nikko sterling platinum which I had with a mk1 rapid seem to be my preferred size, I have a small air max on my air ranger which did have a swat scope on it, I'm not a fan of dots and much prefer the thin crosshairs like on most older scopes, They seem to enhance the background better aswell, Or at least that's what it seems

i agree with you

Having experimented with higher mag and loads of features I now have Airmax 4-12x40 on two and Airmax 2-7x32 on another...... for tin and paper out to 40yds they are brilliant, the 2-7 starts to become a challenge at 50yds but the 4-12 (left set on 10x) are clear enough to see POI of pellet on painted steel sheet at 70yds

Could almost lose the AO and a few grams on the 2-7, but then I'd be stepping down into the vantage range and wire reticle.... I had a look at the Optisan 3-12x32 and x44 and was very, very impressed but couldn't justify the extra cost over the Airmax
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

im shooting much better now with a small scope fitted ,it was the weight that was a issue for me