Thread: What is your most successful hunting rig ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Whats mine

Quote Originally Posted by Rativity View Post
    I always thought a rifle that you don’t care about makes the best hunting rifle, I have a few top end rifles here, I always seem to grab my H5. I care about it very much, I’d cry it I dropped it!!

I recently bought a bsa ultra from offa here, sitting in a tactical stock (less to worry about) I don’t care about it tbh, I think it would make an excellent all weather hunting rig with pulsar digex sitting ontop, I’ve not used it apart from a few mags into paper…. I have thought about having it tuned, to shoot smoother and quieter but then I think I’d care more about it!

I need to maybe break away from the steyr which I love very much, too much to scratch it out in the field, that said it is my most successful hunting rig, it’s a sublime piece of equipment, always slick and reliable!

What’s yours ?
    Get the Ultra sorted. Mine has an extended air tube with fitted reg and a carbon fibre barrel sleeve forming a moderator at the muzzle. Is it quiet, of course it is, is it accurate, yes and more accurate than me. Does it run out of air, only after about 110 shots. They don't need tuning, just a fine set up of the trigger makes them smooth and accurate.

It was my ..177 Rapid, but....
    For the last 4yrs, it has been a Hatsan AT44 10 in .22..
    Raggedy looking thing, cammo taped up.
    Pard 008 on an Eaglevision mount, Boblov rangefinder
    and an A&M mod...as accurate as any of my old .22 Rapids , but it is one with the factory fitted Walther barrel.
    Dedicated night gun, dont seem to shoot in the light much these days.
    It has been a very successful outfit
    Out with it tonight again on the rats and the first time out with the thermal Hikvision.
    Last edited by MrGreengrass; 06-03-2022 at 02:13 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Was only for a few months about 15 years ago at the ex-wife's family farm - HW90K .22 with a Dampa mount and a Bushnell 5-15. Was extremely efficient.

I've taken a few dozen grey squirrels with my TX200 and Bushnell 4200 Elite 8-32×40. It also doubles as my FT gin.

Brocock Contour Super 6 in .177 flavour , Lovely Accurate lightweight carbine rifle with very comfortable stock and a very nice hunting trigger, shot loads of Woodies , squirrels and rats with it and it never lets me down

My skan r22 bagged me quite a lot when i hunted before my eye sight went all to shit.

I was going to answer the question in the title. Then I read the original post and realised 'shotgun' wouldn't be right.