Thread: Pretty impressed Gamo Hornet break barrel

Pretty impressed Gamo Hornet break barrel

Just thought i'd put this up as Iv'e heard good bad and indifferent about these Gamo Hornet break barrels with synthetic sporter stock .
    Iv'e got /had far to many guns to even remember ,however I bought the Hornet as a garden gun as we had ...had
    rats at the bottom of the garden living under the shed.
    This one in .22 has a real nice trigger and the sear breaks free nice and smooth no graunchyness when compressing the mainspring.
    Power and accuracy at 20 odd meters is as good as anyone would want for a uk legal gun .No nasty twang as Iv'e sadly come to expect from my old favourite HW's these days.I put a decent red dot on it for a change instead of a scope and it's so easy to line up and shoot.
    I went retro and opened a box of Marksman 22s which dropped nicely into the breech with memories of the 1970's shooting pests out of the apple tree,,,well it was the 70's.
    Any road if anyone has a bad thing to say after using one of these cheap rifles I wish they could have a go on this one.

Just saying
    HW 77K .22,Gammo Hornet .22 BSA 3-9 x 50 Night light ,HW 40 .177,Gamo Maxxim Elite .22 multi shot, Beeman P17 .177 red dot sight ,SMK CP2 co2 with Hawk 3-9 x 50.Slingshots PPMG+TTF PPMG mk 2 ott PPMG ott Original custom made solid Bronze, Number 15 of 20

Great to hear you're liking it.

I love it when a budget rifle punches above its weight and impresses.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I've not looked into these newer Gamo's but I think they have the newer SAT triggers fitted instead of the horrid and much copied generic older Gamo trigger we've all loved to hate, I've not used a SAT trigger, so can't comment on them but I think it's an improvement on the older triggers, like Tone has said in the past, the internals of Gamo's are better finished than people expect, it's just the external plastic bits that let them down.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

BSA and Gamo go hand in hand, is this rifle a revised BSA Hornet ? For those in the know this sounds like a cheap rifle that's been well sorted and lubed but as expected will have little value if sold secondhand, so who is it aimed at ?
    Hw77+7

Newbies and plinkerers? Plus many who might not be able to afford a more expensive rifle or who prefer to use something for certain uses that they're going to feel less precious over for either shorter range home use or as a barn / closer range field gun? Often viable as an extra gun.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

glad your enjoying it