Thread: Hw30 silencer adapter 15mm or 15.5

Hw30 silencer adapter 15mm or 15.5

I have a nickel hw 30 which would look awesome with a silencer fitted , I know it ain't a loud gun so will be cosmetic and any sound reduction is a bonus the only fly in the ointment is the grooves for front sight I brought a 15mm adapter but would have to file grooves to fit it on would a 15.5 be better option ?

Quote Originally Posted by curt View Post
    I have a nickel hw 30 which would look awesome with a silencer fitted , I know it ain't a loud gun so will be cosmetic and any sound reduction is a bonus the only fly in the ointment is the grooves for front sight I brought a 15mm adapter but would have to file grooves to fit it on would a 15.5 be better option ?
    You will get misalignment it you try to mount a silencer on the front sight grooves.
    Too many airguns!

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    There is a dedicated slip on HW silencer for the hw30 that has a gap in it so you can still have the front sight attached to the dovetails.
    I may even have such an item for sale shortly, couldn't use it because the dovetails were on the piss making the front sight unusable, and I've decided against getting a hw99.
    Good deals with these members

If you are handy with a small file could you cut grooves in the adapter recess to accommodate the sight grooves on the barrel?

Or if you work out how much they stick out on the barrel you could work out what oversized adapter to get and what thickness of shim material you need to centralise the adapter (shim would only go under the barrel from one groove round to
    the other)

Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by curt View Post
    I think you may be after an old 80’s whisperer adapter here …
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34