Thread: Rifle bag/hard case

Rifle bag/hard case

Really need something new to keep my target rifle it. It has diopter sights and a hamster so no longer fits in my shaped rifle bags.
    Not sure if I want to go with a hard case or a rectangular soft case. I've seen soft cases that are stiff, but not seen them for sale, only seen other people using them.
    I've had a look around on the net a bit but no one gives much info and it's hard to tell what's decent and what's not.
    I know some hard cases can be quite expensive, don't really want to spend that much.
    So, it's a cheap hard case or some kind of soft case, preferably rigid.

Any recomendations or advice greatfully received!
    Old German target rifles and even older BSA's

I got my 3 hard cases from a proper auction. Think the total was under £40. Ugly and beaten up, but i can stand on all of them and whatever is inside is sound.
    Personally i like them, but they are a royal pain in the ass to try and store. But as i have the room storage wise when they are not in use, its a little bit of peace of mind when i need to leave something in the van, ill put a chain through it onto the van bodywork somewhere, not that i try to leave my van in dodgy places.
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Unsure if they still make it but I have a BSA rigid soft case, interior 48" long, and 10" deep for about 28" from the butt end. I use it for my lgv with a big 50mm sidewheel Optisan on it, used to keep my ultra in there with a similar scope and Harris bipod. Had it probably over 12 years and zips still good etc.
    It's always inspired confidence tbh.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by Strimmer View Post
    I got my 3 hard cases from a proper auction. Think the total was under £40. Ugly and beaten up, but i can stand on all of them and whatever is inside is sound.
    Personally i like them, but they are a royal pain in the ass to try and store. But as i have the room storage wise when they are not in use, its a little bit of peace of mind when i need to leave something in the van, ill put a chain through it onto the van bodywork somewhere, not that i try to leave my van in dodgy places.
    Storage is already a concern, maybe soft case would be better

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Unsure if they still make it but I have a BSA rigid soft case, interior 48" long, and 10" deep for about 28" from the butt end. I use it for my lgv with a big 50mm sidewheel Optisan on it, used to keep my ultra in there with a similar scope and Harris bipod. Had it probably over 12 years and zips still good etc.
    It's always inspired confidence tbh.
    This kind of thing?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BSA-Tactica.../dp/B075WTQ62R

Have a look out for "8 Fields" or maybe just "Fields" rectangular gun bags, quite stiff and plenty of padding and best of all, prices are pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Graemevw View Post
    No I'm pretty sure it's this one
    https://www.uttings.co.uk/p102943-bs...t-user-reviews

Looks nice, but not sure my rifle would fit. Only the front of the stock has an accessory rail so the hamster runs almost the full length of the fore stock. Makes it awkward to fit in a shaped bag. It might do, but I'd have to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Graemevw View Post
    Looks nice, but not sure my rifle would fit. Only the front of the stock has an accessory rail so the hamster runs almost the full length of the fore stock. Makes it awkward to fit in a shaped bag. It might do, but I'd have to try it.
    Feel free to take some measurements of your gun and I can always take a closer look at the slip.

Feel free to take some measurements of your gun and I can always take a closer look at the slip.
    I will, thanks. I'll drag it out tomorrow.

I've been searching more online and have found a few that might fit and a few that deffinately will, but without either seeing them in person, or talking to people who own them, it's impossible to tell how soft/rigid they are and how well they are made.
    Also don't want to end up with something far bigger than I need.
    My local shops only seem to sell cheap ones.