Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accurate

Start with what you want to do with it, the possible answers will be different for hunting vs bench rest for example, then decide what's important, for example the HW100 I have is stupidly easy to shoot accurately (when the daughter lets me), has a really easy to get on with magazine system and probably the best single shot system i've used, but is heavy and even with an A&M cylinder needs a refill every hour at the range. My Maverick for example will do a full afternoon - or it did till I discovered shaker/speed loaders If you want to stalk round a permission for hours or do indoor pest control, both are a compromise vs something like a RTI Priest2 (now discontinued seemingly, but convertible to a Prophet) or a Prophet/Prophet Compact, the AGT stuff also uses CZ barrels and don't forget the Cricket or even the AirMaks Katran. You also can't write off the AA offerings and in truth a properly sorted BSA R10 (eg one that's been fettled) can be a very capable tool.

You hint at your age, some bottle rifles are very front heavy, you might be better looking for rifles that use the bottle as a stock, as they are often better balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by david j View Post
    Which bottle gun in the members opinion is the most accurate, getting on a bit now so think it will be my last rifle. Thanks will appreciate your opinions.
    What works for others may be wrong for you.

Always go for fit first and the jobs it gmhas to do 2nd.

Plenty of guns are accurate.

Plenty will be more accurate than you and I
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Going by my own firsthand experience, I'd have to say an Air Arms S510R. It's just ridiculously consistent and accurate. My local range is Blackbrook and last week I hit the 60 yard golf balls 40 times in a row, the 80 yard golf ball 3 times out of 5 and the 91 yard golf ball 2 times out of 5. I have never used anything like it - the guy sitting a few booths over with his Uragan was even shaking his head and chuckling.